Director of Facilities (Facilities)- Moreno Valley College
Director of Facilities (Facilities)- Moreno Valley College
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Physical location of the position:
$ 106,240 - $ 129,342
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
Under the supervision of the area Vice President, responsible for the quality and administration of the facilities program; provides leadership in the areas of operations, maintenance, grounds, custodial and management of facility functions on the assigned college.
PROVIDES WORK OR LEAD DIRECTION TO:
Supervises staff and directs activities of the Maintenance & Operations department.
Associate's degree from an accredited institution or completion of sixty (60) semester units. Additional qualifying experience may be substitute for the required education on a year for basis with one year of experience being equal to one year of education. A Bachelor's degree in a related field is desired.
Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in the area of facilities, maintenance and operations, or a related field, including at least two years of experience in an administrative or supervisory position is required.
KNOWLEDGE OF: and skill in the use of tools, equipment, materials and techniques of one or more fields of building construction and maintenance; knowledge of leadership and supervisory principles; application of technology to facilities operations; principles of office management; the development of maintenance schedules; principles of building maintenance; methods and techniques used in the design and on the remodel of buildings or offices, rules, regulations and codes impacting building and facilities operations, principles of budget management.
ABILITY TO: prepare and interpret plans and diagrams; prepare estimates of material and equipment for proposed installations; keep simple records; supervise the work of others; use and instruct others in the proper use of hand and power equipment; read and write effectively; maintain records and prepare project reports; give and follow oral and written instructions; ability to analyze and assess problems and identify alternatives and solutions, supervise, train and evaluate staff; maintain effective working relationships with others.
Must have a valid California driver's license and have (and maintain) an insurable driving record acceptable to the District's insurance agent.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
CONTACTS: Co-workers, other departmental personnel, managers, Vice Chancellors, President, Grounds, Custodial, and Floor Crews.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans, organizes, trains, evaluates, and directs the work of the facilities staff (maintenance & operations, custodial, grounds) ensuring quality and consistency in work standards.
2. Assists in interviewing and screening prospective facilities personnel.
3. Keeps necessary records including attendance data and conducts annual performance reviews of personnel.
4. Responsible for the department budget, including assistance in securing funding for capital equipment and minor capital projects, purchasing, quotes, and all fiscal records.
5. Serves on and may chair college committees as assigned which may include planning committees, accreditation, safety and disaster.
6. Provides leadership in new and emerging facility and office technologies to ensure effective and efficient use of resources.
7. Facilitate and manage minor renovation requests and projects.
8. Maintain department work orders through Footprints and assign work orders to department staff, follow-up on requests, maintain system with updates and complete records.
9. Schedule, monitor, and provide required maintenance, service, repairs, and replacement of all equipment and required inspections.
10. Coordinate with all vendors and contractors for capital and minor projects, remodel projects and repairs, and service calls for the college including input to construction and design teams for college projects and assuring that projects comply with applicable building codes and regulations related to school and public building requirements.
11. Responsible for State, District, and College reports that relate to facilities operations and maintenance.
12. Responsible for space allocation and planning (Fusion); and, the planning and development of a facilities usage process including guidelines for use.
13. Works with administrators as necessary on OSHA and ADA compliance matters.
14. Directs the energy conservation programs for the college to optimize energy conservation in classrooms, meetings, and public areas.
15. Prepares project and job specification as necessary.
16. Serve as a member of the Management Leadership Association.
17. Maintain an understanding of current ideas, research and practices pertaining to the areas of responsibility for this position through continued study and participation in professional organizations.
18. Participate in local, regional and state activities to promote Riverside Community College District and the community college movement.
19. Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a Classified Management position with twelve-month contracts. Paid vacation, 22 days annually; and paid accruable sick leave, 12 days annually. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than 12 months. The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market St., Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents:
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated start date: September 2020 or after
*It is anticipated that first screening of applications will occur sometime during the 1st or 2nd week of September.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
*Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
*An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
*Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
*Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
*Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
*The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
*The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources and Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit: