LEARNING SPECIALIST I
LEARNING SPECIALIST I
Posting Number: SRGV4618
Number of Vacancies: 2
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: RCV College of Business and Entrepreneurship
Scope of Job:
Manages the day to day operation of the assigned tutorial center, including all staffing needs and tutors students.
Description of Duties:
• Responsible to management of assigned temporary staff, including supervision, hiring, scheduling, and evaluation.
• Tutors individuals or small groups and identifies and develops learning skills.
• Conducts trainings for part-time staff on an established schedule.
• Coordinates daily center procedures and materials for student use.
• Conducts orientations and workshops to advertise center to campus community, and other entities.
• Creates or selects tutorial center materials for employee and student use.
• Meets with faculty and staff members to advertise tutorial center services.
• Designs brochures and print materials to advertise center in physical and digital environments.
• Prepares departmental reports for director and faculty.
• Opens and closes assigned tutorial center.
• Attends departmental and university-wide meetings.
• Coordinates university community outreach activities related to concentration area and orientations in collaboration with other staff members and faculty members.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned temporary support staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university related to the assigned tutorial center.
One (1) year of experience working with academically underprepared students or performing tasks related to the duties stated.
Experience in teaching and supervision.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office environment.
May be required to work night and/ or weekends. Some travel might be required. May manage and/or supervise staff, labs, programs, or activities on multiple locations. Organizational abilities to manage diverse and simultaneous projects. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to generate and develop learning material.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 08/26/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25598