ITS Director, Enterprise Applications
University of Idaho
ITS Director, Enterprise Applications
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $109,096 annually or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Director of Enterprise Applications is responsible for delivering quality software application solutions and for the leadership and personnel management of the Enterprise Applications unit of Information Technology Services (ITS) at the University of Idaho. The position reports to the Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer, is a member of the ITS Leadership Team, is critical to the customer service provided by ITS and leads their team in the pursuit of the mission and goals of the University of Idaho. This position will regularly represent ITS to and build trust with university leadership, a wide range of customers, vendors, external partners and the IT organizations of other higher education institutions in the state and the region.
The director is responsible for maintaining and enhancing an atmosphere of innovation, teamwork, respect, employee development, diversity in people and thought and focus on the goals of the institution. The functions for which the director will be responsible include database administration, software development, software maintenance, integration, application administration and others.
As the lead of a service unit in a complex environment, the director will prioritize work and coordinate personnel and technology resources from across the university to deliver a functional, stable, highly-available and secure mixture of SaaS, cloud hosted and on-premise applications with a focus on integration and a positive user experience. Responsible for applications critical to the work of faculty, students, staff, administrators, donors and other constituents, the director will ensure timely implementations and upgrades through strong project management, understanding the existing and emerging needs of the wide customer base while remaining knowledgeable of the current technology landscape so as to recommend solutions that meet the university's service and financial goals in a secure and compliant manner.
Ten years or more of progressive experience working in one or more of these technical areas: software development, system implementation, system integration, application security, application administration, technology project management.
Five or more years team building, motivating, mentoring, training, and leading a diverse and highly technical staff.
• working in a customer service-oriented team environment to accomplish shared goals
• managing multiple complex multi-stakeholder technology projects with competing deadlines
• analyzing information, identifying problems, defining alternatives and developing and implementing solutions to resolve the problem
• translating complex technology concepts into clear language for general audiences
• researching and composing a variety of business documents and reports
• presenting in large group, team and individual settings
• Bachelors or higher degree in in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related field.
• Experience with Oracle and MS SQL Server relational database management systems in an enterprise production environment.
• Experience with Ellucian Banner.
• Development experience using modern technology stacks.
• Experience working in technology support in higher education.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002569P
Posting Date: 08/25/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position open until filled with qualified candidate. Initial screening will begin on September 25, 2020, applications received by this date will have priority.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.