Dean of Engineering and Information Technology and Computing
About American University of Nigeria (AUN)
The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State of Nigeria, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems. The University offers an American-style education modeled after the curriculum of American universities with corresponding approaches to teaching and student assessment. The first entering class of 124 students and 20 professors was enrolled in September 2005. AUN is fast becoming a model for other universities in Nigeria and West Africa. At AUN Enrollees are provided with the tools to achieve personal growth and material success. AUN is a completely wireless University, which is highly focused on IT. Computers, the internet, and other critical IT facilities are key tools in teaching. These facilities are deployed in classes and completion of course assignments. With great emphasis on small classes, AUN’s main goal is to graduate well-educated and qualified students in both general knowledge and specialized disciplines.
We invite applications and nominations for the position of (1) Dean, School of Engineering
(2) Dean, School of Information Technology and Computing
This position will report directly to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Academic Affairs/Provost. The Dean will serve as the chief academic and administrative officer for the School and, will lead the development of the School, including establishing the curricula, hiring faculty, and setting up a structure that will serve and promote research, teaching, and professional programs of the highest quality.
- Doctoral level or other terminal professional degree required from an accredited institution.
- At least 2 - 4 years' experience as a Dean is desirable.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to build effective institutional partnerships.
- Proven administrative experience, professional integrity, and strong team-building skills.
- Demonstrable ability to clearly articulate the School's vision and mission to stakeholders, including the students, faculty, alumni, and external funding agencies.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with their detailed Curriculum Vitae [CV], providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Current Contact Address [including telephone numbers and e-mail address]
- Academic Qualifications [including Class of Degree; copies of certificates to be enclosed]
- Professional Qualifications [copies of Certificates to be enclosed]
- Post-Graduation/Professional qualification employment
- Current Employment
- Name and Addresses of three  Referees, who should be able to attest to the candidate’s standing and abilities, professionally, managerially, as well as morals, character, and integrity
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for an electronic or an in-person interview with the appropriate search committee at a date that will be duly and formally conveyed to such candidates officially.
- The position is to begin as soon as possible.
Apply for Dean of Engineering and Information Technology and Computing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly