Mathematics and Computer Science Adjunct
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Rollins College seeks to hire adjuncts for the 2020-2021 academic year. The Department seeks candidates with a strong commitment to teaching undergraduate mathematics. Preference given to candidates with experience teaching Pre-Calculus. Qualified applicants will be dedicated to innovative teaching, building relationships, and are welcoming to opportunities that will allow them to work with a diverse campus and community.
Teaching responsibilities include:
- Teaching undergraduate students in a specific field of expertise
- Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and College standards
- Planning and creating lectures, in-class discussions, and assignments
- Grading assigned papers, quizzes, and exams
- Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments and examinations
- In-person teaching is required as part of this appointment
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science provides an educational program in which our students develop the critical-thinking, problem-solving, computational, and active-learning skills essential for responsible decision-making and a broad range of careers in a rapidly changing society. To learn more, please visit https://www.rollins.edu/math-cms.
Founded in 1885, Rollins is an independent, comprehensive, liberal arts college. The campus, noted for its lakefront beauty and for its unique location, is set in the residential community of Winter Park, just 15 minutes from one of the nation's most dynamic urban centers, Orlando. Rollins enrolls approximately 3,200 students in diverse degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Rollins ranks number one among 128 Southern master's-level universities in the annual rankings of "America's Best Colleges," released by U.S. News & World Report. For additional information, please visit the College website at www.rollins.edu.
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
- Applicants should possess at least a master’s degree in mathematics or mathematics education
- PhD is preferred
- Verifiable teaching experience
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button to submit an application and upload the following materials:
Two (2) recommendation letters, both addressing teaching
Questions may be directed to: Zeynep Teymuroglu, Ph.D.
**Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis and are processed upon the receipt of all official documents while the posting is active. Selected applicants will be contacted as positions become available and screenings will continue until positions are filled.**
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Winter Park
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Winter Park
- Computer Sciences & Technology Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Winter Park
- Mathematics Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Winter Park