Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Texas A&M University-Texarkana, a public university located in Texarkana, Texas, invites nominations and applications for the position of Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. A&M-Texarkana is an expanding regional comprehensive institution in the prestigious Texas A&M system. It serves the higher education needs of the East Texas region and attracts students from that area and well beyond because of its strong sense of community and its student-focused and experiential approach to teaching and learning.
At Texas A&M-Texarkana, the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs has primary responsibility for the excellence and integrity of the university’s academic enterprise. As such, the university seeks an individual who will:
- Demonstrate a vision of academic excellence and an understanding of innovative instructional and high-impact practices,
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of an academic strategic plan,
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Student Enrollment, Engagement, and Success in recruitment and retention efforts and student success initiatives,
- Support shared governance, work collaboratively with the Faculty Senate, and respect the faculty's participation in all academic affairs,
- Demonstrate success in the oversight and management of academic program funding,
- Develop opportunities and support for internal and external funding,
- Provide vision and leadership that shape the institutional culture and support diversity-related initiatives and internationalization efforts,
- Provide resources and develop strategies that drive diversity, equity, and inclusion among faculty, staff, and students to improve cultural competency and global awareness,
- Represent both Academic Affairs and the institution as a whole on the President’s Advisory Council and to the community,
- Communicate institutional priorities to constituencies in Academic Affairs,
- Collaborate with college deans and faculty to support faculty research, scholarship, and creative activities,
- Promote the development of graduate studies,
- Promote the development and activities of the university's honors program, and
- Support university initiatives toward achieving the Carnegie Community Engagement Classification.
Minimum Educational Requirements
- Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution
- Academic experience commensurate with appointment at the full professor level
- Knowledge of higher education trends and issues
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Effective human relations skills
- 3 or more years’ experience as college dean.
- Experience with regional accrediting processes and procedures
- Strategic and/or academic planning experience
SUPERVISION OF PERSONNEL:
Supervises Academic Deans, the Associate Provost, and the Directors of the Library, Office of International Education, and Office of Professional Development, as well as exercises Functional Authority over the Academic Colleges, and Administrative Secretary.
High to deal with numerous projects and sensitive issues effectively and simultaneously.
Applicants should submit a cover letter that specifically addresses the applicant’s experience in the areas outlined above. In addition, candidates should submit a current curriculum vitae and a list of at least five professional references with full contact information. (References will not be contacted without explicit permission from the candidate.) The position will remain open until filled, but only applications received by October 12, 2020 can be assured full consideration.
Only online applications will be accepted. See Texas A&M University - Texarkana website for more instructions. www.tamut.edu. You may use your CV/Resume or your LinkedIn Profile to pre-populate the A&M - Texarkana online application. For more information as to how to apply, please contact Becky Cloude at 903-223-1360.