Instructor of Automotive Technology
Arkansas State University – Beebe, a two-year residential community college a part of the Arkansas State University System, invites applications for a full-time, 10-month Instructor of Automotive Service Technology to begin September 2020.
The successful candidate will possess thorough knowledge of the discipline to share in the teaching secondary and post-secondary students. Courses taught include Intro to Automotive Technology, Automatic Transmissions, Suspension & Steering, Brakes, and Engine Performance.
The individual hired will:
• Provide instruction on performing maintenance and light repair of automobiles.
• Provide instruction on conducting regular preventative maintenance including inspection, tire rotation and oil changes.
• Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the shop.
• Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs.
• Perform regular diagnostic tests on automobiles and provide instruction in this area.
• Maintain accurate records of each repair performed on vehicle and provide instruction.
• Take daily attendance of students and record attendance.
• Record grades and ability to assess student performance.
• Cultivate relationships with the advisory committee membership to achieve department and college goals. Maintain relevant industry curriculum with the establishment of program level outcomes for the automotive program with the guidance of the advisory committee members.
• Achieve program recruitment goals to ensure a minimum annual program enrollment of at least 40 students.
• Work closely with the Regional Career Center Director and Dean of Career Education to achieve recruitment and program goals.
• Assist with fundraising and grant writing for the automotive technology program.
• Ability to create lesson plans and program level outcomes and carry them out effectively as well as follow written curriculum.
• Ability to work with students having a wide range of abilities and skills levels.
• Use college technology such as CANVAS, Campus Management, and Office 365 adequately and appropriately.
• Maintain a safe learning environment in the lab/shop area.
• Safely operate a forklift.
• Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire for teaching and community engagement.