Vice President, Administrative Services
Vice President, Administrative Services
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 9/22/2020
West Valley College, is recruiting a Vice President of Administrative Services to join their leadership team in Saratoga, California. Take a closer look at West Valley and how the Vice President of Administrative Services role may be the next step in your career.
West Valley College, is seeking an energetic leader who thrives in a fast-paced and innovative environment to fill the position of Vice President of Administrative Services. The college is known for the strength of our academic programs and faculty as well as our equity-minded and student-focused approach that combines high-tech and high-touch.
West Valley is about success. It's about helping students create a future for themselves so they can contribute to a world that needs their talents, drive and enthusiasm. We do that by providing as much one-on-one interaction with students as possible. The results speak for themselves.
- 656 students transferred to UCs and CSUs in the Fall 2017 semester
- 705 students earned AA/AS degrees in 2017
- 139 students earned certificates that led to careers in 2017
- We host learners from 25 countries who come to the United States looking for the kind of instruction that will help them contribute to the global economy.
- We offer classes on our beautiful 143-acre Saratoga campus in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, located at the southwest border of Silicon Valley. Here you can expand your mind, hang out with friends, and contemplate a world of ideas.
The Vice President of Administrative Services (VPAS) provides vital leadership, oversight, and communication regarding the fiscal health and administrative services necessary to run a college. Under the direction of the President, the VPAS will oversee all aspects of college fiscal operations including resource allocation processes, budget development, planning, coordination, and monitoring of college budgets and fiscal operations which is approximately $50MM. The VPAS further develops and coordinates administrative services programs, including facilities planning and maintenance, emergency preparedness, college printing services, and contract relationships with the bookstore and food services. The VPAS also oversees the educational technology services unit at the college. This position serves as liaison to district fiscal, facilities, and construction functions and ensures that the college's administrative functions are managed according to District policies, collective bargaining agreements, and local, state, and federal laws.
The VPAS will work closely with senior leadership across the college, including administrators, faculty, classified professionals, and students. The VPAS serves as the coordinator and facilitator of college committees and task forces and will provide leadership to accomplish a diverse range of goals to meet student needs.
West Valley College is committed to fostering an increasingly diverse and inclusive learning community and applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
This is an academic administrator position with an anticipated start date in November 2020. This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime.
Salary and Benefits:
- Anticipated Hiring Range: $172,379-$183,586 annually, dependent upon experience (Administrative Salary Schedule, Range 30, Steps A-C).
- Annual salary step increases to maximum of salary range, $214,901 (Administrative Salary Schedule, Range 30, Step G)
- Additional compensation: $1,500 for doctorate added to base salary annually, to be prorated on a monthly basis.
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 22 days vacation leave accrued annually (25 days after 5 years).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Professional development and renewal leave.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalSTRS retirement.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration, or a related field.
3. Seven years of increasingly responsible experience in finance and budgeting in an academic environment, including two years of administrative and management responsibility.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, plan and implement division goals and objectives; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
- Coordinate division activities with those of other divisions, departments, and outside agencies and organizations; provide staff assistance to the President and Chancellor; prepare and present staff reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Direct, oversee and participate in the development of the division’s work plan; assign work activities, projects, and programs; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Supervise and participate in the development and administration of the administrative services budget; direct the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; implement discipline procedures; maintain discipline and high standards necessary for the efficient and professional operation of the division.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, review, and evaluate the college’s budget development and maintenance functions.
- Review reports related to the financial resources of assigned programs and services; assure that resources are allocated efficiently and effectively; review compliance reporting to funding sources.
- Coordinate and facilitate facilities construction and modification projects.
- Supervise and administer licensed use of college facilities on a rental basis.
- Serve as a member of the president’s leadership team; establish and achieve institutional goals in accordance with the college’s educational and facilities master plan; ensure that development of short and long-term plans for all instructional programs and services occur in concert with the college’s overall direction and priority.
- Represent the division to outside groups and organizations; participate in outside community and professional groups and committees; provide technical assistance as necessary.
- Research and prepare technical and administrative reports and studies; prepare written correspondence as necessary.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.