Research Assistant II
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is focused on developing therapeutics in the area of gene control and will leverage platforms and resources in new innovations in the Therapeutic Innovation Center.
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology is seeking a talented Research Assistant to work in an interdisciplinary team environment on early therapeutic and drug discovery projects.
As our key focus is on developing specific inhibitors of the gene regulation, this work will focus on purifying a wide variety of proteins and testing for the biochemical activity of different inhibitors in development.
- Execute experimental protocols.
- Document and communicate (oral and written) experimental results and progress.
- Work collaboratively with other scientists.
- Assist in the preparation of laboratory reports.
- Annotate and maintain collaborative protocol repositories for all lab members.
- Work effectively in a highly dynamic, multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment.
- Clean and maintain laboratory equipment, supplies and work areas.
- Frequently handles/works with biohazards or risks for potential job-related injury, such as those found in an ordinary laboratory environment.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Education Preferred: Master's degree in a related field.
- Execute purification of proteins from E. coli and S. frugiperda.
- Utilize HPLC to analyze and polish purified protein.
- Execute biochemical assays such as ADP-glo, Fluorescence Polarization, TSA.
- Utilize several of the following techniques: standard subcloning (restriction digest based, Gateway, etc), growing and transfecting S. fruigiperda, baculovirus creation and utilization, SDS-page gels and western blotting.
- Execute biochemical assays to test for activity and inhibition target proteins.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston