Grove City College invites applications for the full-time position of Instructional Technologist into a rapidly growing, vibrant department with start-up urgency. This position is responsible for consulting with faculty to build and produce high quality online courses which have a direct and visible impact on the quality of instruction, services, and image of the college. This includes recommending media and tools, advising on multimedia production issues, developing, and delivering technical training to faculty in the use of tools for conducting online learning classes.
- Works one on one and in groups with faculty and staff to create online courses, services,
and instructional materials.
- Assists faculty and staff with options for presenting instructional materials or presentation
using a variety of software i.e. Camtasia, the college LMS, MS Office Suite tools, etc.
- Trains faculty and staff in the use of the Learning Management System and provides
- Researches new instructional technologies for viability within instructional/classroom
setting and advises management on equipment and training needs.
- Designs, develops, and produces media elements for courses and other projects.
- Performs QA on the online course materials each year.
- Routinely interfaces with students to understand different learning styles and how they are
met with current online delivery and content.
- Teaches up to two courses each year in an online environment.
- Master’s Degree in a related field is required (Doctorate preferred).
- Must have extensive experience with multiple types of software and applications relevant
to the online learning environment including social platforms used to interface with
- Corporate experience preferred.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To be considered, please send a current curriculum vitae, names, and contact information of four references (three professional and one pastoral), and a letter of interest that addresses your
qualifications for the position, and includes an explanation of how your Christian faith represents a strong fit with Grove City College’s unique mission as a Christian college to: Jamie Kimble, Associate Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grove City College is a private educational institution noted for its academic excellence where scholarship is informed by Christian principles. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, non-job related disability, use of a guide or support animal, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other college-administrative programs.