Assistant Director of Diversity and Inclusion
The primary responsibility of the Assistant Director is to assist the Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) in supporting students of various backgrounds and maximizing their success at BVU. The Assistant Director develops opportunities for students to learn and understand the importance of multiculturalism and supports all students in broadening their perspective on diversity. In addition, the CDI enhances the visibility and awareness of diversity within our campus community by creating opportunities for students, staff, and faculty to come together for cultural exchange and celebration.
- Organizes educational and programmatic efforts for students of multicultural backgrounds.
- Provides training and resources to the university community to embrace and understand differing perspectives.
- Assists in the strategic planning of the Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
The programs and services of the Center for Diversity & Inclusion are designed to:
- Assist multicultural and international students in reaching their highest level of academic potential and persistence towards graduation.
- Helps to advance university’s commitment to becoming a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI)
- Foster a safe and supportive living and learning environment within which students can explore their own cultural identity.
- Educate the BVU campus community regarding the nature of an inclusive society.
- Assist retention efforts for students of diverse populations and first-generation students.
- Provide guidance and advising for multicultural student organizations.
- Coordinate multicultural programs and events while extending the efforts into the local community.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in higher education setting
- Bilingual in English and Spanish – strongly recommended
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to be student-centered
- Proven experience and demonstrated effectiveness leading diversity-related initiatives and programs
- Flexibility, desire to work collaboratively, and ability to adjust to changing work environment
- Strong interpersonal communication, facilitation/presentation and administrative skills
- Dedication to community engagement
- Willingness to work during the evening as well as weekends in support of university events and programs.
A background check will be conducted on the final candidate.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeside
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeside
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeside