SUPV IT CYBERSECURITY SPECIALIST (PROJMGT/INFOSEC)
National Defense University (NDU) educates joint War fighters in
critical thinking and the creative application of military power to
inform national strategy and globally integrated operations, under
conditions of disruptive change, in order to conduct war.
Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference (MSP) eligible candidates will receive priority consideration at the full performance level only.
1. Setting goals for employee performance and deadlines in ways
that comply with the University's plans and vision.
2. Organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks. Monitoring employee
productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
3. Develop, maintain and provide status updates on the Information Assurance (IA) technology roadmap that services as a flexible planning tool that illustrates the University's strategic and long-range goals and link those elements to short-term and long-term goals with specific technology solutions.
4. Actively participate in the Change Configuration Board and Technical Advisory Boar and serve as the spokes person on all new technology changes.
5. As a Senior COR for ITD, provide direction, guidance and when necessary corrective action to remain with DOD and
University acquisition policy related it IA
6. Develop, maintain and oversee agency-wide IT security programs.
7. Develop, maintain and oversee policies, processes and control techniques to address all applicable information security requirements.
8. Oversee the establishment and maintenance of information security on an automated and continuous basis.
9. Detect, report, contain and mitigate incidents that impair adequate data and infrastructure security.
10. Train and oversee personnel with significant information security duties as well as assist senior departmental officials regarding their IT security responsibilities.
11. Report within 24 hours of IT security incidents to the appropriate security operations center.
12. Direct and approve the design of security systems; Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested; Review and approve security policies, controls and cyber incident response planning; Approve identity and access policies; Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities; Maintain a current understanding the IT threat landscape for the industry; Ensure compliance with the changing laws and applicable regulations; Translate that knowledge to identification of risks and actionable plans to protect the business; Schedule periodic security audits; Oversee identity and access management; Make sure that cyber security policies and procedures are communicated to all personnel and that compliance is enforced; Manage all teams, employees, contractors and vendors involved in IT security, which may include hiring; Provide training and mentoring to security team members; Constantly update the cyber security strategy to leverage new technology and threat information;
Brief the executive team on status and risks, including taking the role of champion for the overall strategy and necessary budget; and Communicate best practices and risks to all parts of the business, outside IT.
To Apply - visit https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/577089600
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.