Chief Financial Officer-Department of Surgery
Take on a significant leadership role within a world-class
health system. Help advance medical excellence and achievement.
Take your professional expertise to the next level. UCan do all
this and more at UCLA Health.
We have an outstanding opportunity for you to make the most of your strong leadership and strategic vision at the David Geffen School of Medicine (DGSOM), one of the nation’s most prestigious and influential centers of medical academic excellence and clinical research advancement. You will partner with other key leaders to achieve the David Geffen School of Medicine’s missions (clinical, research, and teaching), goals, and objectives, with a focus on the sustainment and implementation of our strategic plans. For DGSOM's Department of Surgery, you will:
- Oversee budget preparation, decision support, and financial analysis
- Foster a culture of continuous process improvement
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators
- Perform complex ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Prepare presentations to the Deans, the Chairs and other leadership
- Implement accounting and financial reporting best practices
- Direct the preparation of financial activity reporting
- Consult with faculty and staff on internal controls and risk management
- Interpret complex university and government policies
- Monitor philanthropic funds and ensure fund spending reflects donor intent
- Identify emergency planning risks and opportunities to ensure mission and business continuity
- Empower excellence and strong collaboration
- Lead a strong team, providing clear direction, support and expectations
- MBA preferred
- 7 plus years of progressive experience in financial management roles
- 5 plus years of experience managing a finance department preferred
- Significant experience leading organizational change management preferred
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
- Expertise in Academic Medical Center funds accounting desirable
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced, and actionable insights
- Advance Excel skills
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Successful experience with organizational development and staff development, and a proven ability to create and manage change
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply online: http://ucla.contacthr.com/76449723