Specialist IV/V, Information Technology (Applications Analyst)
Requisition Number S371P Home Org Name Veterinary Medicine Administration Division Name College of Veterinary Medicine Position Title Specialist IV/V, Information Technology (Applications Analyst) Job Class Code MA14 D-E Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term No Limited Term Length Job Summary
1. Provides technical design, implementation, maintenance, system administration and support of hardware, software, network and/or instructional technology.
2. Provides end-user support on information technology issues through consultation and advising, problem identification and resolution, training and preparation/maintenance of documentation.
3. Participates in projects and cross-functional activities related to information technology initiatives or processes.
4. May provide on-call support for designated systems or services
Education Level High School or equivalent for Level IV, Bachelor's degree Level V Field of Study
No specific discipline
Years of Experience 5 Area of Experience
Experience in programming, website design, computer maintenance and troubleshooting.
Additional qualifications include: highly organized; professionalism while working interpersonally across a wide range of campus partners; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within deadline and changing priorities/conditions; proactive, organized and accurate working style; and the ability to communicate effectively in English.
Degree accepted in lieu of experience for Specialist IV only
Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Typical salaries for the Specialist IV level are between $55,000 and $65,000.
The Specialist V position requires a Bachelor’s degree and four (4) or more years of applicable experience as indicated. The starting salaries for this level are typically between $64,000 and $75,000.
Education Level Degree accepted in lieu of experience for Level IV only Field of Study Years of Experience Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Minimum Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate should: display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative and organizational abilities; perform in a varied, fast-paced environment; and be a detail-oriented, highly motivated self-starter skilled in web design, development, implementation, analytics and security of custom website(s).
Must have a solid knowledge of web-related technologies, methodologies, best practices and UX design, as well as the ability to translate design into appropriate coding.
Minimum Technology Skills
Minimum License and Certifications
Salary Grade 35 Salary Range $51,900 - $99,600 Job Category Information Systems/Technology Working Hours if Non-Traditional List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position Posting Date 08/25/2020 Closing Date EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/18832 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Documentation
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have 4 years of experience in programming, website
design, computer maintenance and troubleshooting OR a degree to use
in lieu of experience?