Anti-Racism Program Manager
The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA (DGSOM) is launching
a multi-year Anti-racism Road-map that will identify, develop and
execute high-priority, high-impact projects on various timelines
(immediate, intermediate and long-term). These projects will span
the academic and research enterprise, building anti-racism
programs, policies and initiatives that will combat racism at DGSOM
and ensure racial justice, equity, and diversity inclusion. The
Road-map will consist of diverse stakeholders (faculty, staff,
trainees, leaders) and several different workgroups, each with a
set of projects, deliverables and timelines.
Under general supervision of the Executive Director of Portfolio Management and accountable to the Road-map's Executive Sponsor, you will be responsible for the definition and delivery of operational agility and organizational transformation projects and programs focused on the Anti-Racism Road-map. You will manage the overall performance and delivery of large cross-functional Anti-racism initiatives across DGSOM & UC’s complex organizational structure requiring collaboration across the task forces and committees comprised of DGSOM leadership, faculty, trainees and staff.
As our Anti-Racism Program Manager, you will also be responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple related projects/programs including: defining strategic vision and road-map, establishing project and/or sprint plans, managing / coaching project and/or agile teams, tracking / measuring of progress against goals; and ensuring delivery falls within scope, schedule, budget and quality baselines.
- Bachelor’s degree in health, social sciences, Finance, Business Administration, IT, or Data/Computer Science strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience as Project Manager, Program Manager, Scrum Master, or Consultant
- Work experience in equity and diversity inclusion or related areas strongly preferred
- Experience working in higher education, healthcare, medical education, academic medicine, bio-medical research is preferred
- Experience in leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple agile and/or project/program teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the agile project/program teams, setting program/product/platform strategic vision and road-map
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organization and planning skills
- Experience as a “leader” able to influence and motivate professionals and stakeholders in high visibility roles to achieve outcomes even when they do not have a direct reporting relationship
- Project Management Professional (PMP, PgMP, ITIL) certification
- Expert Project Management applications: MS Project, Visio, JIRA/Confluence, Kanban, etc.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply online: http://ucla.contacthr.com/76449054