The Cognitive Development Lab at Wesleyan University, directed by Dr. Anna Shusterman, seeks a full-time lab coordinator starting in the Fall of 2020. The lab coordinator will assist with studies on the development of numerical and spatial thinking in preschool children and on research-practice collaborations in educational settings.
The primary focus of this position will be the implementation of
a new NSF -funded project to develop and test a research-based,
guided-play mathematics intervention in preschools.
• Working closely with the PI, postdoctoral fellow, and research staff to develop project materials and maintain records
• Coordinating with local research collaborators including preschools, school districts, and state agencies
• Hiring, coordinating, and supervising undergraduate research assistants
• Recruiting and scheduling participants; maintaining a participant database; data entry and record keeping; and running participants through studies
• Literature searches and assisting with the preparation of conference abstracts, manuscripts, and grants
The lab coordinator will have the opportunity to be directly involved in research, earn authorship on journal articles, and attend research conferences.
Funding for this position has been approved for 2 years with continuation dependent upon mutual agreement and continued grant funding.
BA in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Education, or a related
Prior research experience
Exceptional organizational skills, communication skills, and attention to detail
Computer and statistical software experience
Intellectual interest in the lab’s research areas.
Experimental child development experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Apply through the Wesleyan Online Career Opportunities site at https://careers.wesleyan.edu. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Applications received by September 5, 2020 will be given full consideration.
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University.
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Alison Williams, Vice President for Equity & Inclusion/ Title IX Officer, 860-685-3927, email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Women's & Gender Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown