The Postdoctoral Fellow will work with Dr. Anna Shusterman on an
NSF grant-funded project on preschool numeracy. The goal of the
funded project is to complete the design of all instructional and
training materials to implement a hands-on, research-based early
numeracy curriculum rooted in guided play, and to conduct a large,
multi-site RCT to test multiple implementation conditions.
The Postdoctoral Fellow will:
• Work closely with the PI, other research staff, and community partners across the state to develop and conduct all aspects of the project
• Participate in the general work of the lab, which is focused on spatial and numerical cognition and translational research in early childhood
• Contribute to mentoring undergraduates involved in research in the PI’s lab.
Wesleyan is a selective liberal arts institution with faculty engaged in well-funded and cutting-edge research. Anticipated start date for this position is in the Fall of 2020.
Funding for this position has been approved for 2 years with continuation dependent upon mutual agreement and continued grant funding.
Ph.D. in psychology or a related field.Experience and
proficiency using SPSS , R, or similar package for statistical
Exceptional communication skills, strong organizational skills and time management, and a demonstrated commitment to an inclusive research program and academic environment.
Relevant background in cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, or education research.
Expertise in cognitive development, guided play, early numeracy, RCTs, intervention design, community-engaged research, and/or advanced statistical analysis.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Apply through the Wesleyan Online Career Opportunities site at
The following documents are required (submitted electronically):
(1) Cover letter
(2) Current curriculum vitae
(3) Statement of research interests
(4) 1 or 2 sample publications (or manuscripts in preparation)
(5) The e-mail addresses of 3 referees from whom we will obtain confidential letters of recommendation (please ensure that the submitted e-mail addresses are up-to-date and entered correctly).
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Applications received by September 5, 2020 will be given full consideration.
Any and all offers to external applicants are contingent on the candidate’s completion of a pre-employment background check screening to the satisfaction of Wesleyan University.
Wesleyan University, located in Middletown, Connecticut, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, political belief, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or non-position-related criminal record. We welcome applications from women and historically underrepresented minority groups. Inquiries regarding Title IX, Section 504, or any other non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Alison Williams, Vice President for Equity & Inclusion/ Title IX Officer, 860-685-3927, firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown
- Psychology Not specified Full Time jobs in Middletown