Department/Division University Library
Job Title Manager, Collections & Information Services
Reports to Library Director
Supervises Research Support & Collections Team Lead, Access Team Lead, Acquisitions Team Lead, Information Service Coordinator, Consultants etc.
The Manager of Collections & Information Services main responsibilities are to:
• Provide strategic planning and implement innovative and effective library services in support of student and faculty research, learning and knowledge sharing.
• Manage services in e-resource management, cataloguing, resource discovery, collections development, scholarly communication, instructions,, acquisitions, information services etc.
• Identify and develop new programs and services in response to stakeholders' needs and in consideration of technology change and development.
• Serve as chief liaison for library subscriptions, license agreements; publisher, faculty, students and researcher relations.
• With the Library Director, creates department strategy, then develops, assesses, and manages services and programs with ongoing input from key stakeholders at all levels of the organization and throughout the University.
• As part of the Library management team, participates in the development of the University Library's vision and responds to the changing needs of the KAUST community; as well as participates in system-wide planning, policy development, and resource allocation.
• Manages, develops, supports the department's employees; oversees the whole operations of the department, and reports on the work of the department.
• Sponsoring and/or leads cross-unit functional projects to ensure goals and projects are completed according to scope, timeline and budget.
• Manages the relationship with internal/external parties in regards to subscription licenses, service level agreements and other documents to maintain a sustainable and seamless access to Library resources and services.
• Oversees collaborations with Academic and Research communities through the subject librarians, instructions, collection development and scholarly communication programs.
• Contributes to and represents the interests of the University Library in regional and international initiatives; seeks partnerships and collaborative service and research opportunities.
• Performs other duties and undertakes special projects as assigned by the Library Director.
• Minimum five years of leadership and team management experience, preferably from academic and research libraries, library consortium, or library services organizations;
• System wide experience in tools for e-resource management, resource discovery, metadata and cataloguing, Libguides etc.
• Broad understanding of collections development, license negotiations, library instructions, reference services, access services and scholarly communication issues;
• Proven project management experience and a demonstrated ability to estimate scope of a project and bring it to completion on time and budget;
• Prior experience in a multi-cultural environment;
• Significant participation in professional associations and/or relevant publications;
• Successful record of developing people and initiating new programs.
• Proactivity, flexibility, decisiveness, problem solving, the ability to network, and staying informed about library developments and trends.
• Ability to effectively communicate issues and solutions to a diverse set of stakeholders;
• Demonstrated leadership style that promotes teamwork and consensus building.
• Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English.
MLS or MLIS degree from accredited programs OR master degree with equivalent library experiences.
Additional educational or research qualifications in science disciplines
To apply, Please Submit your Cover Letter and CV to: Omaimah Y. Fayie, firstname.lastname@example.org