Director of Recruiting and Admissions
Position Title: Director of Recruiting & Admissions
Reports to: Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty
Effective Date: October 1, 2020
Job Summary: Director of Recruiting and Admissions oversees the strategic and daily efforts of the recruiting team. As a the lead recruiter for department, the Director is responsible for working with the Dean to develop and execute recruiting plans and working with department leaders and the broader CTS community to cultivate a strong culture of recruiting at CTS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and lead the recruitment team in administering a recruiting process that represents the seminary’s core values of
- All people are created in the image of God, and therefore have inherent worth and
- The diversity of the human community is a gift from God, and an indispensable resource in preparation for responsible ministry.
- Preparation for ministry should be intellectually rigorous, spiritually formative, and emotionally supportive.
- Working toward justice for all is an imperative of Christian faith and life.
- Promoting healing and wholeness throughout creation.
- Work with the Dean to develop the strategic direction for meeting the seminary’s recruiting goals for each program.
- Provide and oversee the strategic direction and budget for the recruitment team’s efforts.
- Develop recruiting plans that are administered through a strategically developed combination of online and in-person engagement.
- Collect, maintain and present the weekly data for the recruitment pipeline, admissions and confirmations.
- Work with other departments to integrate the work of recruiting into other aspects of the seminary’s life.
- Recruit students by meeting with prospective students, conducting interviews, advising prospective students on educational and career decisions; oversee evaluating transcripts, supporting documents and all follow up actions. Travel is a requirement.
- In concert with the Communications’ team, plan and develop a comprehensive admissions/communications strategy that coordinates social media and online recruiting efforts.
- Coordinate alumni engagement as a recruiting effort with the Director of Alumni Engagement.
- Maintain knowledge of all degree program requirements, faculty highlights and seminary trends.
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of data about our prospective applicant pool that can inform our recruitment and retention efforts.
- Work with recruiting team to ensure compliance with best recruiting practices and protocols, including for responding to email, phone, and other prospective student inquiries.
- Serve as a member of the Admissions’ Committee
- Consult with the Associate Dean for Student Life about joint internal activities that can cultivate a culture of recruiting, hospitality and welcome to prospective students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean.
EDUCATION AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Three or more years’ experience in leading higher education admissions.
- A master's degree is required and preferably an M.Div.
- Ease of engagement with congregational ministry settings, counseling agencies and a variety of non-profit contexts.
- Experience in developing and using CRM software is preferred.
- A compassionate and creative leader with a capacity for fostering a culture of recruitment.
- Excellent listening, written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Familiarity and ease of use with social media platforms.