Chief Talent Officer
Chief Talent Officer
Baldwin Wallace University seeks a Chief Talent Officer (CTO) responsible for leadership in all aspects of hiring, developing and supporting the approximately 1000 faculty and staff at BW. Reporting directly to the President of the University, the CTO provides strategic direction and oversight for the University’s most important asset – its people.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities: The following duties are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
- Develop and implement best practices which lead to a thriving and engaged workforce and a positive workplace culture aligned with organizational strategy.
- Lead efforts in sourcing, hiring, onboarding, and development of all employees.
- Consult and work with a variety of University leaders to ensure key talent needs are identified and addressed.
- Partner with key University leaders and the University’s community to enhance overall organizational effectiveness.
- Ensures that human resources practices, policies and procedures are in alignment with government regulations and laws.
- Manage all aspects of the human resource management department and staff including the budget and HRIS systems.
- Oversee total compensation offerings of the University.
- Master’s degree required. Ph.D. degree and SPHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of professional-level experience with a pattern of increased responsibilities.
- Ability to continuously seek quality service and process improvements in order to support a mission and strategic vision.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience in building effective workplace cultures.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with, as well as support effective partnerships with peers, subordinates, and diverse constituencies. Public speaking skills a must.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal employment laws including Title IX.
- Strong computing skills and an understanding of HRIS systems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with flexibility to move between strategic work and multiple projects. The role requires a high degree of emotional intelligence necessary for effective employee relations and organizational development.
Must satisfactorily pass a background check. Financial disclosure may be required.
Key Personal Characteristics:
- Leader, facilitator, coordinator and partner.
- Approachable and with the capacity to listen.
- Ability to incorporate divergent ideas and influence consensus.
- Ability to inspire and foster a collaborative, positive, and collegial academic environment.
- Possesses high degree of integrity. Ethical. Fair. Respectful. Ability to keep confidences.
- Ability to promote progressive change.
- Strong commitment to the value of diversity and inclusion.
A competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, 12 days annual paid sick leave, 20 days paid vacation, 15 paid holidays, long & short-term disability, 403 (b) retirement plan, life insurance, employee discounts, free parking, and tuition remission benefits for employee and family.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. To apply, please send resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references in one (1) Word document or one (1) PDF and submit via the To Apply link on HR’s Current Job Openings web page. https://www.bw.edu/employment
Baldwin Wallace University is an EEO/AA employer and educator. At BW, we support and encourage diversity in a variety of forms. We value and appreciate inclusive excellence in the classroom, within extracurricular activities, and as we engage our community partners. Learn more at Diversity Affairs - https://www.bw.edu/about/diversity/
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Berea
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Berea
- Human Resources Administration Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Berea
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Berea