Assistant Professor - Rheumatology
The Department of Pediatrics, Rheumatology Section is seeking a qualified candidate to fill an Assistant Professor role. This position will provide medical care to patients in the Rheumatology clinics, and on the Rheumatology inpatient hospital service. Primary role is to provide direct patient care for patients at the Texas Children's Hospital. The selected candidate will be part of Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine well-established Pediatric Rheumatology program that has trained fellows for more than 30 years and maintains a vibrant schedule of educational and patient management.
Purpose of Position: To promote the mission, vision and goals of the Rheumatology Section, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children's Hospital.
To provide clinical care to patients with rheumatic diseases and educate staff, learner and patient/family regarding diagnosis in the Greater Houston region.
- Provide safe, timely, effective, and efficient patient care at TCH Main Campus in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Provide clinical leadership to medical and nursing staff.
- Role model ethical and professional behavior with every interaction.
- Supervise and educate medical and nursing staff when appropriate in the care of rheumatology patients.
- Promote and practice evidence based medicine (EBM).
- Participate in quality improvement processes.
- Facilitate communication with referring physicians.
- Promote the academic mission of BCM and TCH in terms of research and scholarly activity.
- Represent BCM and TCH at local, regional and national gatherings.
Continuing Professional Development:
- Participate in continuing professional development activities to maintain personal knowledge and skills as appropriate (e.g. section sponsored activities, continuing medical education as well as maintenance of certification requirements for the ABP).
- Participate in local, regional, and national quality improvement committees.
- Stay current in the rheumatology literature.
- Participate in educational programs that focus on improving health care competence of patients with rheumatologic disease and their families
Education: Pediatrics board-certified and board-certified/eligible pediatric rheumatology
Licensure: Licensed by the Texas Medical Board
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.