Setup & Recycling I Technician
Assists with campus recycling program. Assists with distribution of recycling containers. Assists with aspects of daily pickup of recycled materials from campus. Assists with collecting and monitoring data regarding collections and campus participation in program. Makes adjustments as required with approval of Recycling Lead. Assists with setups and take downs for campus events. Assists with snow and ice removal as required. Help move office furniture for new flooring, painting, etc. Performs duties and complies with needs of special events, before, during, and after the special events are completed. Observes communicates, complies with and enforces Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) provisions; analyzes supplies and materials used in the performance, training and duties of subordinates of the trade. Available to help with a facilities emergency. This may necessitate the use of a pager for after-hours call backs. Further, a pre arranged shift change may be implemented for predictable emergencies like inclement weather. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Assist with the set-up and break down of campus events, program, and activities. Support on-site coordination of vendors, staff, and/or volunteers. Respond to questions and provide information. May assist with collecting recycling materials across campus.
Performs administrative or manual tasks. Requires general education or vocational training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Sufficient dexterity and coordination to operate equipment common to the trade, especially trucks, fork lift, and industrial tractors. Reads, understands manuals and instructions printed in English and documents legibly in same. Good oral and written communications are needed to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Will this employee supervise others?
No, this employee will NOT supervise other employees.
Repetitive movement of hands and fingers - typing and/or writing. Frequent standing, and/or sitting. Occasional walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms. Visually identify, observe and assess. Ability to communicate with supervisor/students/colleagues. Regular physical attendance required. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This position requires a physical. The physical requirements are:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly and 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and carry 200 feet.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and carry up/down 30 stairs.
- Ability to walk regularly for long periods of time across the campus.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to use and reach with hands and arms regularly.
- Ability to climb in high places using a ladder or balance frequently.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and crawl occasionally.
- Ability to push or pull dolly loaded with up to 120 pounds for 300 feet occasionally.
- Must have close, distance, and peripheral vision.
- Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond