Director-Producer, Field Production Specialist
Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Television Director-Producer Position's Functional Title Director-Producer, Field Production Specialist Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University Digital Learning and Media Design department is seeking to hire a Field Production Specialist.
The main purpose of this position is to produce, direct, and edit video productions for delivery to multiple platforms. The position also contributes to the development of new projects and functions in a variety of capacities as a member of multiple production project tams. The special focus of this position if for the needs of university marketing and commercial work.
50% – Provides television and media production services including project development, scripting, producing, directing, lighting, editing, set design & construction, and multimedia production. Includes both studio and field production.
15% – Assist in the continued training and oversight of student workers employed in the department to ensure that best practices are being enforced and students leave with proper training to secure production work
10% - Assist with troubleshooting equipment issues and equipment management /maintenance.
10% – Assist in creation and maintenance of accurate and up-to-date documentation of all productions. Utilize facility and system documentation to facilitate/support activities.
10% – Work with the Director, Television Production Coordinator, Chief Broadcasting Engineer, Graphic Designer, and other production staff to coordinate use of facilities and fabrication of materials for new or modified projects.
5% – Other Duties Assigned
• Demonstrates knowledge and good judgment in matters of college policy and procedures
• Stays well informed regarding Media Advancements and Technologies
• Completes miscellaneous correspondence, research, reports, and memos as requested.
• Proactive Leader – Works well without close supervision and demonstrates initiative
• Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly
• Communicate major outages to department managers.
• Maintain and grow technical and job knowledge.
• Close interactions with students regarding training and knowledge of departmental equipment and process.
• Creation of high quality, aesthetically pleasing, communicative images
• Script writing and research
• Organization and direction of productions including working with talents of all kinds
• Operation of field production equipment including cinema cameras, lighting, audio, and grip equipment
• Operation of studio equipment including camera systems, production switchers, routers, servers, teleprompters, robotics, recorders, storage systems, audio equipment, and lighting systems
• NLE softwares on a shared network system
• Comprehensive knowledge of FCC regulations & guidelines
• Reporting functions are completed accurately and timely, and in accordance with established policies and guidelines of DLMD and/or campus environment.
• Effective working relations exist with multiple campus organizations and departments.
• DLMD’s professional reputation is maintained
• Apply proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, report and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of the systems investment.
• Skills to grow into a subject matter expert.
• Knowledge of networking, Mac, Windows and PC operating systems.
Starting Salary Range: $36,586.19 to $50,000.00.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
REQUIRED : COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS, WHICH INCLUDES THE EARNED DEGREE AND CONFERRED DATE MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below)
1. Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Film Production, Communication, Journalism, or a closely related field.
2. Two (2) years of experience in the fields of television, film, or theater production, digital cinematography, video, audio, and editing production, or other related professional field.
Desired Education and Experience:
• Advanced abilities of set construction and design.
• Advanced knowledge of professional editing systems, especially Avid, not only for basic editing but for creation of advance compositing and visual effects, mattes, animation.
• A desire to continue to postgraduate education in order to teach courses in the field
Posting Date 08/24/2020 Closing Date 10/19/2020 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0451P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting http://employment.govst.edu/postings/5063 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENT :
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: All College/University Transcripts (use “Transcripts” or “Other” to attach document).
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency required within 180 days of the hire date.
CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT EXAM DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a Credential Assessment Examination which consist of a review and rating of the applicants Education, Experience, Licenses, and other qualifications. Applicants are required to provide electronic documentation as listed above to verify that the minimum qualifications for this position has been met.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Notes: Must be received by the closing date of this posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Film Production,
Communication, Journalism, or a closely related field
- Do you have two (2) years of experience in the fields of
television, film, or theater production, digital cinematography,
video, audio, and editing production, or other related professional
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Writing/Media Samples
- List of References
- Certification/Professional License
- Veteran’s Preference Points Documentation