Infrastructure & Security Manager
The Infrastructure and Security Manager will play a key role in enabling Carthage College to run applications and educational technologies on premise, as well as integrating Software-as-a-Service and enabling workloads to migrate to the cloud. This position provides technical and thought leadership, architecture strategy/design, administration, and monitoring, and provides direction and supervision to other IT staff in supporting and enhancing the information technology infrastructure. The scope of responsibilities includes network, infrastructure, operations, and security. The team supports 7x24 internet connectivity for students in residence.
- Lead and manage the network, server administration, and cybersecurity functions
- Manage and maintain campus WAN/LAN/Wireless network to maximize network speed and availability.
- Maintain system performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting performance problems
- Secure network by developing and maintaining network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation practices
- Manage the cybersecurity program
- Manage and maintain disaster recovery/business continuity processes.
- Develop and manage capacity plans
- Manage identity and access program
- Manage campus printing services
- Manage campus telephony services
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Establish infrastructure plans and roadmaps
- Budgeting, procurement, license management, and vendor management for assigned functions
- Assist with Tier 3 support
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires education generally equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business, or other relevant discipline – or equivalent experience. It is desirable for the employee to hold certifications such as CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Server+, ISACA CISA, CISM.
- Requires 5 to 10 years of network and telecommunications operations experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND/OR LICENSURE
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees, students, and faculty members.
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer and Web browser, helpdesk ticketing, and network troubleshooting software.
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure and related technologies (DHCP, DNS, NAC, Syslog, etc…)
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and LAN technologies.
- Working knowledge of VMware ESXi and other virtualization technologies.
- Working knowledge of storage protocols.
- Working knowledge of identity and access management (Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS, etc…)
- Working knowledge of firewall management and cybersecurity
- Other preferred technical skills: Nutanix, Palo Alto, Windows scripting languages, Veeam cloud backup solution, Apache, OneLogin
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation, so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time students. Our rich academic experience equips students with foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community. We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation,national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Kenosha