Support Specialist, Prescott Campus
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Prescott Campus is currently recruiting for an experienced Support Specialist to join the IT Services Team. The Support Specialist will provide technical support of computers, peripherals, tablets and web conferencing systems for faculty, staff, and students. He/she will also maintain operational efficiencies of technology for academic, administration, computer labs, and classrooms and troubleshoot and provide resolutions for computing and system issues. The position will require direct interaction with customers.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include but not limited to the following:
- Install, configure and maintain multi-platform desktop hardware and software for Windows, Mac OS and Red Hat Linux.
- Support Point-of-Sales registers and peripherals.
- Provide support for web conferencing systems.
- Support technology needs during events on campus and off-site.
- Troubleshoot networking issues and escalate to infrastructure team appropriately.
- Provide consultation on technology matters to faculty, staff, and students.
- Participate in projects. Ensure deliverables meet expectations and are completed on-time.
- Innovate processes to improve customer experience and increase operational efficiency in support of an effortless experience.
- Create documentation for knowledgebase for new technology and support processes.
- Provide support for existing technology solutions in academic, administrative and computer labs. Support events on campus or offsite within and after business hours. Address any customer service issues. Communicate issues and situations effectively to the proper channel. Respond and resolve assignments in a timely manner. Log status of work in the database accurately and progressively. Create, review and update knowledgebase articles for customers and IT colleagues.
- Participate in the deployment of new or replacement of existing technology, ensuring tasks are completed on-time and meet quality and service standards. Testing and implementation of hardware and software. Keep abreast of technology trends.
- Attend meetings and briefings related to computing support. Participate in committees and task forces as assigned. Collaborate with University and other Campus Information Technology departments in the development of strategic and tactical plans.
Education and Required Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems such as Windows 10 and macOS. Exposure to Linux is desirable
- Experience with mobile systems such as iOS and Android is preferred
- Possess basic networking knowledge such as DHCP, TCP/IP, etc.
- Experience in supporting Microsoft Office Suites
- Exposure in supporting web conferencing systems such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Exposure in academic software support is a plus
- Fast learner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to interact with audiences from a diverse background
- Ability prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Maintain positive and professional outlook at all times
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to support IT Core Values by focusing on improvements
and believes in our team and partners throughout the university,
learning from mistakes, being accountable for actions and showing
determination, focus, and tenacity
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Prescott