Payroll and Benefits Accountant
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University invites applications for the position of Payroll and Benefits Accountant to perform moderately complex accounting transactions and project activity for Payroll Services and Human Resources. The Payroll and Benefits Accountant regularly monitors and reconciles related third-party accounts and invoices with the University’s benefit enrollment platform and general ledger.
- Create and maintain a system of reconciliation for all benefit liability accounts which effectively identifies and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner. Collaboratively work with benefit’s team and benefit carriers to ensure that premiums reflect appropriate participation. Reconcile related third-party invoices to system enrollments and employee withholdings for accuracy. Prepare correcting journal entries as necessary.
- Analyze financial information, including but not limited to, enrollments for various benefit plans (e.g., medical, supplemental and life insurance). Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Develop tools and processes, as needed, for tracking, monitoring, and reporting on identified premium deduction / enrollment discrepancies.
- Create, maintain and modify complex spreadsheets necessary for timely and accurate remittance of employer benefit payments.
- Provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing data and preparing reports. Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Assist with development of University’s employee benefits rates.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures. Document business processes and transactions.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping employee and financial information confidential.
- Must be able to support the University’s mission, vision and goals
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Experience in benefits administration, including 403(b) and health insurance; knowledge of human resources and payroll preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and general ledger reporting
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint; able to analyze and merge data files utilizing vlookups and pivot tables; working knowledge of Workday a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or in a team environment, deadline-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or master’s degree in tax, accounting or finance
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in tax, accounting, finance or related field
- Experience with accounting and financial reporting
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach