Integrated Health Care Resident
SUMMARY: This 12-month post-graduate residency program supports the mission and vision of Logan University by providing additional training to chiropractic physicians committed to excellence in health sciences, education, and service. The residency will offer training in community-based clinical settings, integrated interprofessional clinics and hospitals, public health, education, and scholarly activities.
Under the direction of the Director of Resident and Fellow Education and the assigned attending chiropractic physicians, the resident will provide high-quality clinical care to a diverse patient base in community-based health centers and academic clinical settings. The resident will also be responsible for mentoring and educating chiropractic interns at these sites. The resident will also participate in interprofessional collaboration and education, training in public health concepts, and perform scholarly activity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all aspects of patient care and student doctor supervision as defined by Logan University, including patient-centered, evidence-based practices.
- Demonstrate, supervise, and assist interns in patient consultations, examination and treatment protocols.
- Ensure clinical documentation meets or exceeds established standards as set forth by the Director of Health Policy and Integrated Care and Logan University.
- Provide oversight of daily operations within the assigned clinic(s), under the direction of the attending chiropractic physician.
- Report on the maintenance status of the facility and equipment to ensure safe and efficient delivery of care.
- Participate in research projects, including study design, data collection, and manuscript preparation.
- Participate in Grand Rounds, Journal Club, Morning Report, and other scholarly presentations, as assigned.
- Completion of assigned coursework in topics related to integrative patient management, healthcare quality, and public health concepts, as assigned.
- Participate in interprofessional education via clinical rotations through other services and locations to broaden understanding of the health-care system, foster interdisciplinary collaboration and better patient outcomes.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should have good interpersonal and written communication skills, including negotiation and presentation skills. Must be able to interact in a professional manner with people at several different levels in the college as well as University affiliates, other health care providers and administrators. Possess analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to assess own strengths and weakness, and demonstrates attention to detail. Must react well under pressure. Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Listed below are the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position, as well as the Physical Demands and Work Environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from accredited Doctor of Chiropractic program with a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 (preferred);
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, colleagues, patients, and the general public. Basic math skills required. Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) degree and hold a current license to practice chiropractic in the state of Missouri
- Basic Life Support (BLS) (American Heart Association)
Computer Skills : To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general knowledge of computers including word processing and spreadsheets.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Required as appropriate to degree possessed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and to use hands to type on computer, operate office equipment and handle books, files, documents, etc. Must be able to talk and hear to answer phones and when assisting others. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and to stoop or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift objects weighing from 10 – 30 pounds and possibly up to 50 pounds. Close vision needed to use computer. Must have distance vision and depth perception for safety purposes.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment in this position is characteristic of a normal office and clinical environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed the employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
An employee is expected to assist and provide coverage for coworkers during peak periods, vacation days or sick days.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chesterfield