Recruitment & Outreach Assistant
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision of the Director of Student Recruitment and Outreach, provide information, advise, and council to prospective students regarding the programs at Oakton and the enrollment process. Coordinate activities and events which promote the value of Oakton to prospective students and their influencers.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide information, assistance and advice to prospective individuals and groups regarding the college's application procedure, policies, requirements, deadlines and programs in person, via phone, mail or electronic communication.
- Develop procedures and communication plans to stay connected with and provide ongoing information to prospective students.
- Coordinate tours, workshops, and presentations about the College for groups of prospective students, families, counselors, and community members.
- Provide high quality service in all interaction with outreach contacts including but not limited to high school guidance directors and counselors; high school teachers; college faculty, staff and administrators; prospective students and their influences; and community members.
- Participate in Enrollment Center cross training activities to develop knowledge in other functional student affairs areas in order to provide integrated and comprehensive information to students, staff, and community. Provide excellent customer service.
- As directed, provide Recruitment and Outreach services in the Enrollment Center.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Supervision received from the Director of Admission and Enrollment...
Functional supervision may be exercised over one or more student employee(s).
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be obtained is required.
- One year experience working in higher education, college admissions, or a related field requiring similar communication and customer service skills is required.
- Strong communication skills required to regularly explain College practice and policies through one-on-one or group presentations.
- The ability to utilize a computer to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required. Experience with SCT Banner preferred.
- Requires the ability to concentrate on detailed work and work on multiple projects at one time.
- Requires cultural competency and the ability to work with diverse populations.
- General office environment. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Salary: $22.54 hourly
Hours: Days and times flexible, but will be between the hours of Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
and Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (except in summer when the college is closed on Friday)
Priority will be given to candidates who have experience working with underrepresented populations and students of color and are bilingual in English and Spanish.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Skokie
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Skokie
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Skokie
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Skokie
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Part Time jobs in Skokie