AV Systems Engineer
University Code 24114 University Title Senior IT Analyst 1 University Job Family Information Technology ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title AV Systems Engineer Position Number 570920 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department School of Medicine Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Audio Visual (AV) Systems Engineer is a dynamic part of the SOMTech academic technologies services group and will provide installation, upgrade and maintenance support needs to School of Medicine conference rooms, classrooms and other event spaces used by faculty, staff and students. This includes onsite preventive and on-call troubleshooting support for multiple AV and technology systems, including presentation, videoconferencing and lecture recording systems. Work with faculty and educational support staff to encourage and train users in the appropriate use of instructional technology and classroom resources.
Successful candidates will have a breadth of A/V design, engineering, and project management experience that is centered around design and installation primarily in Higher Ed; system documentation preparation and strong organizational skills required. Candidates should be well versed in creating A/V schematics, coordinating between external vendors and internal stakeholders, and leverage good communication and interpersonal skills.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with strong oral and written skills with appropriate detail for the audience.
• Considerable experience in project management from initiation through project closure. Considerable experience in media systems integration, including design, installation, commissioning and maintenance.
• Demonstrated knowledge of video and audio transmission, such as videoconferencing, video streaming and lecture capture.
• Demonstrated knowledge of media presentation and AV design software, such as computer aided design ( CAD ), Microsoft Office, Smartsheet, Crestron control systems and DSPs.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise multiple projects and schedules concurrently, keeping projects on time while updating clients of project status in a timely fashion.
• Demonstrated general knowledge of videoconference equipment, such as codecs and bridges, and standards-based videoconference delivery, such as H.320 & H.323.
• Demonstrated general knowledge of software codecs, such as Zoom and WebEx, and familiarity with using and setting up alias-based dialing.
• Demonstrated general knowledge of desktop and portable computer hardware, Mac & PC operating systems, peripherals and adapters
• Strong technical and creative problem solving skills. Ability to apply knowledge and experience to create novel solutions when facing novel situations. Ability to quickly learn and apply sophisticated software applications and hardware configurations.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. for a short distance. Ability to perform duties independently in a timely and punctual manner. Ability to collaborate as an effective member of a busy technology service team.
• Ability to perform duties in a diverse work environment with frequently shifting priorities
Preferred Hiring Standards
• InfoComm Certified Technical Specialist ( CTS ) certification preferred.
• At least three years’ experience as AV design and installation project manager preferred.
• Experience with AV system & equipment operation and troubleshooting preferred.
• Experience with videoconference codecs and bridges preferred.
• Experience with webconference software and alias-based dialing preferred.
• Experience working in a customer service oriented environment preferred.
• Experience in higher education environment preferred
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $50,000 - $52,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 08/24/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Information Technology Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100323 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond