Database Administrator I
At LSSC your success is our mission.
We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC.
We invite candidates to apply for the Database Administrator I position. The Database Administrator I is responsible for performing the daily Database Administration duties for a large enterprise environment using Ellucian/Banner software with an Oracle database that interfaces with multiple MS/Windows and Linux servers. The Database Administrator I works closely with the Director of Enterprise Systems, to coordinate and plan future upgrades and projects that will benefit the entire institution including, identifying infrastructure and support services needs to facilitate distance learning course delivery.
Responsible for demonstrating LSSC’s values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure that the Ellucian Banner ERP is continually
available for all users. Supervise Enterprise Applications Analyst
and provide support as needed.
2. Install, configure, update and maintain every component of the Oracle database and Oracle applications. Apply Ellucian Banner upgrades in Production and Test ERP environments and erform Oracle Database Performance tuning.
3. Create virtual servers using Hyper-V Manager.
4. Install, configure, update and maintain Oracle Linux in Production and Test database environments.
5. Update and maintain Production environment applications including: WSO2 Server, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, ESM and others.
6. Ensure functionality of the Disaster Recovery stand-by system. Install MS/Windows security updates on servers that host Ellucian Banner ERP related virtual servers.
7. Ensure Active Directory data is accurate and Single Sign-On to Banner system is operating nominally.
8. Coordinate daily with Director of Enterprise Systems to discuss/plan projects that will fully benefit the entire institution.
9. Provide support for data request and daily operations.
10. Some job duties / tasks require Banner/Self-Service downtime and must be completed after normal business hours.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree from an
EXPERIENCE: Required: Minimum of three to four years’ experience maintaining application systems in a large enterprise environment that are secure, stable and operate at optimal performance. Three to four years’ experience programming complex solutions using Oracle PL/SQL or MS/SQL. Working familiarity with Microsoft Office applications. Working familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
Preferred: Experience in ERP systems specifically Ellucian Banner, Oracle database systems and third-party applications such as Canvas, Application Express, and Evisions.
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES: Certification in Oracle and Microsoft SQL a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Ability to test and debug computer programs.
- Ability to review and analyze systems specifications to determine whether all required elements have been included.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments through prioritization and time management, and effectively documenting and communicating status of projects and issues to management and Information Technology personnel.
- Ability to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with the college community.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Availability to work some nights and week
- end hours as required.
More searches like this
- Administrative Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Haines Creek
- Business & Administrative Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Haines Creek
- Technology Administration/Other Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Haines Creek