Facilities Electrician Technician IV
At LSSC your success is our mission.
We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC.
We invite candidates to apply for the Facilities Electrician Technician IV position. The Facilities Electrician Technician IV will focus primarily on electrical troubleshooting and repairs of components such as commercial lighting, outlets and fixed equipment. Other tasks will include the ability to provide new power such as branch circuits and electrical outlets as needed. The Technician will also need to have some basic knowledge of other maintenance areas such as minor plumbing, caulking, painting, construction, etc. Requires a Journeyman Electrician License. Responsible for demonstrating LSSC's values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Electrical work. Replace lamps, ballasts, fixtures. Perform
upgrades from various old styles of lighting to new energy
efficient LED . Provide additional electrical power circuits in
classrooms, offices and areas being renovated as
2. Assist with furniture moves. Installation of items to be mounted such as bulletin boards, pictures, banners.
3. Preventive maintenance of electrical items, walk through buildings to identify and correct any unsafe items including but not limited to loose electrical outlets and burnt out lights. Inspect appliances in department break areas for overloading of circuits. Maintain general appearance of common spaces.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Required: Minimum High
School/GED, Trade school certifications a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Required: Minimum two (2) years relevant experience.
CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES: Required: Minimum Journeyman Electrical License. Valid Florida State Driver's License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5-8 years of advanced commercial electrical experience.
- General knowledge of basic commercial property management.
- Ability to work alone while taking into account the safety of students and staff.