University Access Coordinator
University of Idaho
University Access Coordinator
Division/College: Facilities Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $18.64 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Under general direction, ensures the security of facilities through the installation, maintenance and repair of card access systems, door hardware, and key control systems. Plans, organizes, consults, and provides cost estimation for new project installation of networked security systems, all door hardware, and master key systems. Maintain key control program, master keying, and all record keeping of access control systems for University buildings.
This is an essential position that will be called upon in the event of an emergency and/or University closure.
- 5 years Commercial Locksmith Experience with emphasis on Key Control, Level 4 Master Key Systems, Stand Alone and Networked Access Control Systems, and Planning, Estimating, and Bidding new and retrofit access control projects in the University Environment.
- Experience using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
- Experience working in a customer service environment.
- Experience: working with wood, metal, concrete, cinder block and glass for the installation of door hardware, door frames and systems; using key cutters and duplicators along with precision measuring devices; installing all types of door hardware including panic bars, closures, lock sets, and cylinders; communicating with the customer and working in adverse conditions such as inclement weather and heavy foot traffic.
- Experience with Master Key systems and nomenclature; cylinder pinning and key cutting; writing and maintaining keying instructions; maintaining key control; life, safety, and ADA codes for egress; Level Four key systems; commercial locksmithing; and experience trouble shooting installing all door hardware.
- Experience with panic devices and their installation and repair; door closer installation and repair; locks installation and repair; door adjustment and closing requirements; safety in the workplace.
- Must possess: a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and be able to meet policy requirements for driving University vehicles.
- Experience in trouble shooting Electronic Door Systems and Hardware used in commercial ADA and Access Control in University environments.
Certifications related to security access products that cover techniques and procedures for the installation, adjustment, and maintenance of door hardware to meet fire-life safety and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
- Proper use of power tools and hand tools; using the computer for communicating and key records; basic electronics— needed for electric hardware, and wiring of access control systems.
- Knowledge of University of Idaho Policy and Procedures.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move items weighing up to 90 pounds; bending stooping standing, climbing and working from ladders and on stairs and catwalks. Finger dexterity is needed for pinning cylinders and assembling lock parts.
- Must be able to respond to after hour calls.
Posting Number: SP002453P
Posting Date: 03/26/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position will remain open until filled.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.