Research Assistant II - Electronic Health Record
This position is located within IQuESt, the Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety. We are the largest center for Health Services Research within the Southwest. We conduct high-quality scientific research that improves the health of patients across the nation, by helping to ensure the patient-centered delivery of scientific discoveries.his position will focus on collaborating with the team to design, implement, and test deep unsupervised learning methods for embedding EHR data.
The position will be responsible for the review and abstraction of clinical data from EHRs into a research database. Depending upon interests and skills, this could include taking part in the development of machine learning skills to build retrieval methods for e-triggers. Coding skills are not a requirement for the position. Rather, preference will be given to candidates with a medical degree and interested in long -term commitments.
Performs responsible research work of a complex nature that requires establishing test methods and procedures as well as planning, completing, and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
- Plans, directs, and conducts research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Trains and orients less experienced research staff.
- Defines problems and possible solutions.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- May assign activities to less experienced research staff.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston