Associate Professor / Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems, School of Business
Associate Professor / Assistant Professor of Management Information Systems
School of Business
The Management Information Systems (MIS) Department seeks a dynamic, student-oriented individual for a full-time, tenure-track appointment to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in MIS. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to teaching excellence, a record of (or potential for) high-quality scholarship, and a commitment to academic service. Candidates are expected to be committed to multiculturalism and working with a diverse student body.
- Ph.D. in Management Information Systems or related field (degree in discipline of MIS preferred); A.B.D. will be considered if Ph.D. is obtained within one-year of appointment)
- Evidence of and/or commitment to teaching excellence
- Evidence of and/or commitment to high-quality scholarship
- Evidence of and/or commitment to academic service
- Commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body
- Ph.D. from an AACSB accredited school
- Record of successful university teaching
- Discipline-related professional experience
The CCSU School of Business is an accredited member of AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
The University: The largest of Connecticut’s regional comprehensive universities, Central currently enrolls 11,880 students. This includes 7,605 full-time undergraduates, 1,949 part-time undergraduates, 648 full-time graduate students, and 1,678 part-time graduate students. A third of its undergraduates are students of color, the largest group being Hispanic. Ninety-three percent of the students are from Connecticut. An increasingly residential campus, 64 percent of Central’s first-year students live on campus; 24 percent of all undergraduates live on campus. For more information about Central Connecticut State University, please visit www.ccsu.edu .
The Community: Located nine miles southwest of Hartford, New Britain is a city of some 70,000. Part of the Greater Hartford area of 1.2 million residents, New Britain is centrally located in the state and is within easy reach of much of Connecticut and several metropolitan areas in the region. New Britain’s population is characterized by a high degree of racial and ethnic diversity. Known as “Little Poland,” 17 percent of its population are of Polish background. It is the home of three Polish language newspapers and one television station, and annually hosts the Little Poland Festival. Significant portions of its population come from Puerto Rican, Italian, and Irish backgrounds. Currently, 37 percent of its population are Hispanic; 11 percent are African American; 25 percent live below the poverty line.
In addition to all that Hartford provides, New Britain is 40 minutes from Springfield, Mass., two hours from Boston, and two hours from New York City. It is also part of the Hartford-Springfield “Knowledge Corridor” and, therefore, within easy driving distance of a host of private and public institutions of higher education and many cultural opportunities.
Application and Appointment: Applications are being accepted until filled. Target start date: January 15th, 2021.
To begin the application process, click on the Apply button and electronically submit the following documents in one file:
- Letter of Interest addressing the qualifications for this position
- Current curriculum vitae or résumé
- Names of three current professional references with title, email addresses and telephone numbers
- Transcripts (Unofficial copies are acceptable; if selected, official copies will be required).
- Most recent Teaching evaluations
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Fringe benefits include personal and sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision and prescription plans, a multi- plan retirement, retirement health care, deferred compensation, Dependent Care Assistant and Med Flex spending accounts, supplemental benefits such as long term, short term disability, tuition waiver for employee and eligible dependents at any of the Connecticut State Universities (Central, Eastern, Southern or Western).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Mailed applications will not be accepted.
Please redact any personally identifiable information (i.e., Social Security number, date of birth, marital status, country of origin) from any documents submitted. Please ensure your Social Security Number is not listed on any documents submitted.
For more information, contact Dr. Michael Gendron at 860-832-3293 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an affirmative action employer, Central Connecticut State University actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in New Britain