Assistant Director for County Extension Operations - Huntsville, AL
Requisition Number S389P Home Org Name ACES Administration Division Name AL Cooperative Extension System Position Title Assistant Director for County Extension Operations - Huntsville, AL Job Class Code CA37 Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term No Limited Term Length Job Summary
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System ( ACES ) (www.aces.edu) is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Director, County Office Operations. This continuing term, Auburn University Administrative Professional position will be located on the Alabama A&M University campus at Normal, Alabama. This position works collaboratively with a parallel position located on the Auburn University campus at Auburn, Alabama, and both positions partner to carry out the organizational mission of ACES through the System’s 67 County Extension Offices. The position reports jointly to the System Associate Directors.
The incumbent will serve as supervisor-of-record for a designated groupings of County Extension Coordinators as defined by the ACES Small Extension Teams ( SET ) structure.
Primary responsibilities include: 1) carry-out the organizational mission of ACES through the System’s 67 County Extension Offices; 2) provide leadership, coaching, professional development opportunities, and capacity-building of the System’s investment in 67 County Extension Coordinators (CECs) and our County Extension Offices; 3) strengthen cooperative partnerships with County Commissions and other organizations; and 4) provide a bridge to the System Program Team to develop programmatic strategies that proactively address changing client needs due to significant population shifts and trends; 5) Provide a vital interface with campus support units; 6) act as a conduit among County Extension offices.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with ACES colleagues, partners, and County Extension Office personnel (in physical and remote locations).
• Highly effective in interpersonal relations, strong verbal and written communication, and a proven ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff, administrators and external stakeholders.
• Recruit and recommend selected candidates for the position of CEC .
• Provide supervision, mentoring and performance assessment of CECs.
• Ensure excellence in County Extension Office operations that are conducted in a manner consistent with the vision of the System Administrative Team.
• Guide the professional development of CECs to build capacity for greater service and impact.
• Assess the needs of employees, working with a team to create new initiatives, taking responsibility for implementation of programs, delivering training’s, evaluating outcomes and making changes to improve program delivery.
• Provide one-on-one consultation and coaching to supervised employees, including experience coaching employees in professional and leadership development opportunities.
• Assist CECs in partnering and developing regional program strategies to generate new revenues, public appropriations, grants, contracts, user fees, and donations to expand or maintain programming.
• Provide visionary and transformational leadership to address local and regional program needs.
• Foster the use of distance communication technologies, social media, and digital products to engage Extension personnel and new audiences.
• Extend institutional commitment to core values of excellence, diversity, inclusion, and accountability.
Shared responsibilities among Assistant Directors for County Operations:
• Conduct annual performance evaluation of CECs.
• Strengthen cooperative partnerships with County Commissions and other funding organizations.
• Collaborate with the Assistant Directors for Programs in Urban Affairs; Alabama 4-H; Human Sciences; and Agriculture, Forestry, and Natural Resources to assess and address program needs.
• Assist CECs in the development of a comprehensive program plan-of-work in conjunction with the Urban Team and Priority Program Teams.
• Interface routinely with the ACES business office to ensure efficient and compliant operations of County Extension Offices.
• Assist CECs in program impact reporting and civil rights planning, reporting, and annual auditing;
• Provide leadership and guidance to SET CEC team leaders.
• Serve as Extension Disaster Education Network ( EDEN lead) delegates representing ACES ; and
• Participate on the System Program Team.
• Implement strategies to integrate new County Extension Coordinators and Administrative Support Assistants/Associates into ACES’s organizational culture utilizing a streamlined onboarding process.
• Provide a structured onboarding of new County Extension Coordinators and Administrative Support Assistants/Associates.
•Jointly supervise County Extension Coordinators per the policies and procedures of the County Extension Coordinator’s respective University affiliation.
Education Level Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution Field of Study
No specific discipline
Years of Experience 7 years of experience. 5 years of experience supervising full time employees. Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Education Level Field of Study Years of Experience Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Minimum Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of Land-Grant system, mission of Cooperative Extension and federal, state and local partnerships
2. Knowledge of modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment
3. Knowledge of Human Resource policies, practices, and laws, fundraising techniques, contracts and grants administration, and University policies and procedures
4. Experience in generation of revenue streams to support applied research, Extension, or similar programming
5. Knowledge of principles and practices of leadership, motivation, team building, and conflict resolution
6. Knowledge of budgeting procedures and techniques.
Minimum Technology Skills Minimum License and Certifications
1. Master’s degree from an accredited institution
2. Additional years above the stated work and supervisory experience is a plus.
3. Relevant experience in working with adult learners and understanding generational differences
4. Previous Extension work experience
5. Ability to be flexible as strategic direction changes.
Salary Grade 38 Salary Range $78,900 - $131,600 Job Category Executive/Director/Management Working Hours if Non-Traditional List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position Posting Date 08/21/2020 Closing Date 09/21/2020 EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/19078 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited
- Will obtain within 6 months
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Extension Services Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn