Program Coordinator - Assistive Technology
Columbia Basin College ('CBC' or the 'College') seeks a Program Coordinator to perform work using knowledge and experience specific to Disability Support Services ('DSS') and assistive technology in support of students, and in collaboration with the campus community. This position will assist with the production, implementation and evaluation of instructional and campus materials and processes for assistive technology services in compliance with state and federal law. The Program Coordinator will provide training and evaluation of assistive technology to students and the campus community. They will assist with DSS inventory of hardware and software, as well as scheduling, monitoring and reporting of program activities to determine consistency with program goals. This position reports to the Director for Disability Support Services.
This position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to applicants whose complete application has been received by August 31, 2020 @ 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- Work with students and coordinate with DSS staff to ensure that students have training and access to academic materials in alternative formats and assistive technology for academic accommodations; including not limited to, production of audio files or e-text, enlarged print, tactile graphics, as well as, transcripts or the captioning of videos/visual materials;
- Use software to create accessible PDFs and Word Documents;
- Assist students in acquiring books in a format that meets their needs;
- Assist in managing the DSS inventory of assistive technology hardware and software tools and programs;
- Perform quarterly classroom setup of assistive technology support for students registered with DSS;
- Train staff and faculty on assistive technology, tools and alternative formats;
- Provide information and advice to students, staff and faculty regarding program content, policies and activities; promote the program on campus;
- Recommend alternative courses of action if the assistive technology assigned is not sufficient;
- Collaborate with other departments on campus to support program standards;
- Monitor and report on program activities in relation to established program goals and within established program parameters;
- Use word processing, graphics, statistical, spreadsheet and/or data base software;
- Perform complex scheduling, including, independently prioritizing needs of DSS and the College;
- Attend meetings and/or conferences as program representative; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Computer Science, IT or a related field.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; and
- Two (2) years of experience in Disabilty Support Services Assistive Technology.
Skills & Abilities
Attendance/Punctuality : Is consistently at work and on time; ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrive at meetings and appointments on time;
Customer Service Skills : Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments;
Dependability : Follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for actions; keep commitments and complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan;
Interpersonal Skills : Focus on solving conflict, not blaming; maintain confidentiality; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; remain open to others' ideas and try new things;
Oral Communication : Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings;
Organization : Ability to organize projects, prioritize workflow and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately;
Problem Solving Skills : Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics;
Professionalism : Ability to approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments;
Quality : Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality;
Technical Skills : Demonstrate proficiency in managing budgets, including monitoring revenues and expenses; and
Written Communication : Write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar; vary writing style to meet needs; present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position is a twelve (12) month, full-time, overtime eligible represented classified staff position. The typical work hours for this position are Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., however, must be available to work a flexible schedule when prior notice is given by the College. This position is available immediately.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
**Please note that selected interview candidates will be subject to supplemental testing that will measure skills and abilities in the following areas: Typing, grammar and basic skills in Word and Excel.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In the interest of providing a healthy, safe and secure educational and work environment and in order to meet the requirements of federal legislation, it is the policy of Columbia Basin College to maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace for our employees and students.
If you are hired, you will need to provide proof of identity and documentation of U.S. citizenship or appropriate authorization to work in this position as required by the Immigration Reform Control Act of 1986.
Columbia Basin College operates under an approved affirmative action plan and encourages applications from persons of color, women, veterans and persons of disability. The Human Resources Office is accessible to those with disabilities. If you need accommodation in application or employment, contact the Human Resources Office at (509) 542-4740.
- Frequent repetitive hand and wrist motions;
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time; and
- Frequent need for oral, written and auditory communication.
This is a bargaining unit position represented by the Washington Public Employees Association (WPEA). Internal promotional, transfer and voluntary demotion applicants who have skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position will be considered prior to consideration of other applicants.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Pasco