Assistant Vice President, University Controller - (STA006282)
Directs the establishment and maintenance of the University's accounting principles, practices and procedures for fiscal records. Directs the operations of Financial Systems, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Contracts Reporting, the Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Program, Accounting Services, Financial Reporting, Plant Accounting, and the Tax Office. Oversees the continued development and maintenance of PeopleSoft Financial applications, which includes the general ledger, purchasing, asset management, grants management, vendor set up, and payables as well as ancillary systems for vendor management and travel management
- Establishes goals and objectives for finance operations. Directs the management and oversight of Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Contracts reporting, the HUB Program, Accounting Services, Financial Reporting, Plant Accounting, Financial Systems and the Tax Office.
- Supervises the system-wide coordination of financial processing through Purchasing, Accounts Payable, the Tax Office, Accounting Services, and Plant Accounting.
- Oversees the flow of information to the general ledger to ensure that financial information contained in the general ledger is accurate, timely, and complete.
- Oversees the design of institutional and system-wide business practices for accounting, tax reporting, and the procurement to payment cycle.
- Directs the ongoing development, maintenance, and training for PeopleSoft Financial Applications as well as ancillary systems to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Manages the continued development and revision to related financial policies.
- Oversees the administration of security for PeopleSoft Financial and ancillary applications.
- Serves as the primary liaison for financial operations with the State of Texas, UH System component campuses, and UHS administrators and managers.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 7 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
Preferred Qualifications/ Additional information:
CPA or MBA preferred. Seven plus years of direct work experience in the role preferred.
Previous higher education experience a plus.