Vice President for Human Resources, AF3EVIPRESHR
Reporting to the President, this position serves on the Cabinet and is the Chief Human Resources Officer of the College responsible for the operation of the College's complex human resources function. The Vice President exercises the necessary authority for planning, organizing, controlling, decision making and leadership of the human resources function. This includes the development and operation of policies regarding salary administration, fringe benefits, recruitment and placement, performance evaluation, and providing input and support to the General Counsel's office on the administration of collective bargaining agreements. This position is also responsible for management of employee relations, employee learning, professional/organizational development, orientation of staff and management of human resources record systems and procedures.
- Serve as advisor to the President and College leadership
regarding human resources issues within the College.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the
organization’s human resources function to ensure optimum
- Translate the Colleges strategic and tactical plans into human
resources strategic and operational plans.
- Develop and implement progressive and proactive compensation
and benefits programs that meet the needs of the employees and the
- Develop strategy and guide human resource policy administration
and programs for effective management of the people resources of
the College, included, but not limited to, programs for employee
development and recognition, recruiting and staffing, and human
- Facilitate positive and productive employer/employee
- Provide input and support to the Office of General Counsel regarding collective bargaining administration.
- Assist with the coordination, oversight and leadership of
employee diversity and inclusion efforts of the College.
- Service as the College’s Affirmative Action Officer.
- In conjunction with the Office of General Counsel, participate
in managing and coordinating all legal activity of the College as
it relates to human resources issues.
- Oversee the administration of the College's Employee Assistance
- Develop and manage the budget and other financial measures of
the human resources function.
- Other duties as assigned by the President.
An experienced human resources leader with minimum three to five (3-5) years senior management experience in human resources (Director or Vice President level) including supervision and evaluation required. Higher education and/or public sector experience a plus.
An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards, well organized and self-directed.
Requires a strategic planner with sound human resources technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
Must be seasoned in relating to people at all levels of an organization and facilitating resolution of conflicts between different parties to a dispute.
Union environment experience preferred.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in business administration, public administration, human resources management, or other relevant field preferred.
Office environment; standard office equipment and software.
Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. CST, September 28th, 2020
This position requires a background check and drug screen.