Director of Enrollment Management Analytics
UC San Diego
Director of Enrollment Management Analytics
Filing Deadline: Thu 9/17/2020
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Priority will be given to candidates that apply on or before September 17, 2020.
As the principal analyst and strategic adviser to the AVC of EM, the Director of Enrollment of Analytics assumes leadership and full functional responsibility for the planning, development, implementation, evaluation, and management of the data related needs of the department. In this role, the Director applies advanced knowledge and understanding of organizational objectives and goals to research, gather, analyze, and summarize complex and sensitive issues with organization-wide impact in creative and effective ways.
The Director is responsible for selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results, and works on complex issues and/or data requiring an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Provides work direction to a professional staff in the planning, development, organizing, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of cross-functional department projects and operations related to data and information systems.
The Director of Enrollment Analytics is a key member of the EM leadership team reporting to the AVC EM. The Director regularly consults with leadership from multiple and varied administrative units in measuring and analyzing performance outcomes; designs, measures, and collects data to assess Academic Affairs and campus-wide goals and objectives and to deliver actionable analysis to drive the business process of Enrollment Management. The Director synthesizes and summarizes complex information in formats appropriate to various audiences; operates with high levels of autonomy; and frequently exercises independent judgement to perform assigned duties and solve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize advanced level statistical knowledge (SPSS/SAS/STATA software, methodologies, and theory) in order to analyze complex and diverse data to aid in strategic planning and dissemination of information on Enrollment Management.
• Requires thorough knowledge in data collection and analysis techniques; statistics or social science research techniques; knowledge of organization-specific computer application programs (for example, query tools and relational databases); knowledge of organizational principles and procedures involved in handling sensitive data (for example, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, or FERPA).
• Advanced ability to present complex findings and recommendations in a clear concise manner verbally and in writing. Ability to be persuasive when necessary while showing respect for others' opinions. Must possess skills to convey complex ideas to non-technical audiences. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to convey information to faculty, staff and University officials.
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively across the organization at all levels. In-depth understanding of the relationship of Enrollment Management to other constituents on campus. Ability to act persuasively and tactfully in politically nuanced situations. Strong leadership skills. Proven ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with a wide variety of individuals. A high level of political acumen, diplomacy, and insight regarding the complex relationships and inter-dependencies of campus and system wide entities. Effective negotiating skills.
• Analytical, problem-solving and management skills to independently research and conduct applied statistical analyses, develop and present solutions to complex multi-faceted problems and issues in a creative, non-technical manner. Ability to make decisions guided by the outcomes of past practices.
• Comprehensive knowledge of statistics including inferential statistics, multivariate regression, predictive analytics, and graphical display.
• Experience conducting analyses using SAS, STATA, SPSS, or other similar statistical packages.
• Excellent writing and editing skills to prepare a variety of analytical reports, proposals, correspondence, procedures, agreements, and training documents.
• Advanced active listening, critical thinking, good interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
• Understanding of organizational rules and regulations.
• Able to provide good judgment and decision-making, problem solving. Organizational skills to plan, coordinate, and set priorities effectively over long time horizons. Skills and willingness to make decisions independently but awareness of when other team members need to be consulted.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
• Self-motivated, able to work effectively both independently and cooperatively, and has had proven success working as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects, deadlines and responsibilities requiring a strong work ethic that stresses delivery of sound, accurate data.
• Knowledge of all facets of applicant data collection, electronic marketing, processing, evaluation, and reporting activities of a university admissions office and its interrelationships with the university at-large, administratively and academically.
• Advanced experience in Enrollment Management research, modeling, and analysis.
• Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background Check results.
• Must be willing and able to travel.
• Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
• Must have access to reliable transportation.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce.
This position is eligible for full benefits first day of hire:
a) Health/Dental/Vision Insurance.
b) Vacation/holidays (18 vacation days & 13 paid holidays a year).
c) Work/Life Balance.
d) UC Retirement Plan.
For more information about UCSD Benefits please visit https://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/index.html and UCSD Work/Life visit https://blink.ucsd.edu/HR/benefits/work-life/quality-index/index.html.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html