Project Hire-Ed Employer Outreach Coordinator (P/T Grant Funded), CPRE60058PHED
To aid in the identification, cultivation, and recruitment of community employers for participation in the Project Hire-Ed Apprenticeship Program. Employer engagement will be implemented to cultivate partnerships with area businesses to participate in the Project Hire-Ed Apprenticeship Program.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Project Hire-Ed, meet with external partners/advisors and College departments to identify, develop and secure apprenticeship opportunities with area employers.
- Generate lead lists utilizing existing leads and available search tools.
- Contact potential employers through telephone calls and email to connect on apprenticeship needs.
- Connect with in-district businesses to assess the industry-specific needs for participation in the apprenticeship program.
- Maintain and update employer database on ongoing basis.
- Support employer forums for Project Hire-Ed and other events as needed.
- Work with Manager of Project Hire-Ed to provide input and support with implementation of marketing plan.
- Participate and assist, as appropriate, with strategic, annual and monthly planning.
- Represent Project Hire-Ed and College of DuPage as an attendee or presenter at special events and networking opportunities to disperse apprenticeship information, promote employment opportunities and upcoming events.
- Identify opportunities to work with government/business/service/private entities to enhance relationships with Project Hire-Ed.
- Support the application of grants and carryout grants in conjunction with Project Hire-Ed and College of DuPage Development and Grants Office relevant to apprenticeships.
- Carry out additional duties, events, and programs as assigned.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in sales, workforce development, operations management, recruitment, or related field.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship building and client-facing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively influence at multiple levels.
- Demonstrable skills in public speaking/delivering presentations.
- Must be self-directed and work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience working in a collaborative manner with diverse constituencies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combinations of education and experience
- Familiarity with industry sectors, including manufacturing, Information Technology or Healthcare.
- Experience with community organizations to support recruitment efforts.
- Experience with a high volume, fast paced environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) 25 hours a week. A combination of day, evening, and occasional weekend hours maybe be required to meet with employers. Frequent local travel using own vehicle required. Must have valid Driver’s License.
General office environment, however, work at employers may be manufacturing environment.
This position requires a background check, motor vehicle report and drug screen.