Research Assistant I
The Echeverria laboratory studies molecular evolution of triple negative breast cancer (TNBC) therapy resistance and metastasis. The focus of the lab is to delineate the metabolic and molecular evolution of TNBC using state-of-the art patient-derived xenograft mouse models and in vitro mouse- and patient-derived organoids. The lab utilizes functional genomics approaches, single-cell technologies, multiplexed tissue imaging, and metabolomics with the ultimate goal of combating tumor evolution to improve the lives of women living with TNBC.
• Designs and conducts research experiments.
• Performs responsible research work that requires planning, completing, and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
• Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
• Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
• Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
• Trains to perform animal work and works with Center for Comparative Medicine (CCM).
• Submits Supply Resource Management purchases and completes Goods Receipts.
• Submits work orders to Facilities when needed regarding special repairs or cleaning is required.
• Participates in weekly lab meetings presenting status updates on projects.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field
- Two years of relevant experience
- Master's degree in a related field
- Cancer research experience
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston