A postdoctoral fellow position is available in the NIH-funded laboratory of Dr. Hsiao-Tuan Chao at the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute, which is affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children’s Hospital. We are seeking a highly motivated research scientist to join our team engaged in basic and translational neuroscience, genetics, and human disease research. Our laboratory focuses on understanding the regulation of neural circuit development and function in disorders such as intellectual disability, epilepsy, and autism.
Utilize multiple approaches including fruit fly and mouse models, state-of-the art imaging, electrophysiology, molecular biology, genetics, and behavioral techniques. On-going projects address fundamental questions about the transcriptional regulation of neuronal development and function in neural circuits, and the role of their dysfunction in highly-prevalent neurologic disorders. This is an exciting opportunity to work at the interface of basic neuroscience and genetics research with translational clinical efforts in a highly collaborative and stimulating environment.
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Education Required: PhD in neuroscience, genetics, molecular biology, developmental biology, or related fields
- Experience Required: Must have experience in one of the two following areas of expertise: 1) electrophysiology and neural circuit analysis or 2) transcriptions and gene expression profiling
- Prior experience in mouse or fruit fly genetics and neuroscience preferred
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston