Job Summary: The Service Assistant is responsible for maintaining campus buildings by providing cleaning services. Duties & Essential Job Functions: 1. Maintains buildings by dusting and polishing furniture, equipment, mirrors and fixtures; cleaning windows, counters, walls and woodwork; sweeping, scrubbing and finishing floors; cleaning blinds, furniture and carpeting; supplying and cleaning rest rooms, showers, and kitchens; setting up and arranging furniture.
2. Removes trash by emptying and maintaining trash containers; transporting materials to disposal area; recycling materials.
3. Maintains safe working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
4. Monitors assets by inventorying supplies and equipment; following manufacturer's recommendation for equipment maintenance; identifying and reporting problems with building, equipment, or supplies to supervisor; securing keys and property.
5. Supports operations by training new employees as needed; using organization vehicles to transport staff to work sites; providing adequate coverage.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience : • Some formal education. Preferred Education & Experience: • None Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training: • Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination. Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training: • None Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Ability to communicate.
• Ability to use job related equipment. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations): • Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 50 lbs. Work Environment: • Work is indoors/outdoors, not sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. AA/EEO Statement: As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: August 20, 2020 Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth