Broadcasting Coordinator I
The multimedia producer is responsible for writing, editing and broadcasting local stories for the morning news program, NPR’s Morning Edition on WUFT-FM; anchoring short-form and long-form newscasts; producing original audio content for on-air and publishing on social media. She/he/they will also work closely with students as associate producers and live segment producers, providing hands-on training on how to gather news, create audio content for air, web or apps, and build diverse audiences.
This person is someone who’s passionate about serving the community and training the next generation of audio journalists.
This position plays an important role in our award-winning newsroom, kick-starting the day of news coverage and coordinating with WUFT news managers and new partners across platforms. The multimedia producer must have strong news judgment, excellent on-air skills, a conversational and concise writing style, and knowledge and experience with web platforms.
She/he/they must be collaborative and creative in their work, embrace innovation, value lifelong learning, and committed to working in a multicultural environment.
- Serves as the morning news producer for WUFT-FM. This person is responsible for writing, editing and broadcasting local stories for NPR’s Morning Edition, anchoring local newscasts and publishing audio content on social media. Coordinates coverage with news managers across various media platforms. Helps to package and maximize original audio content for the audio audience.
- Works closely with students as associate producers and live segment producers, providing hands-on training on how to gather news, create audio content for air, web or apps, and build diverse audiences. Works with students on podcast segments, live assignments and on-air performance. Provides daily student feedback.
- Produces short-form and long-form projects and new audio products.
- Provides content for afternoon newscasts or other media platforms.
- Develops skills and knowledge of new techniques in the gathering, dissemination and creation of news content.
- Liaisons with professional organizations, news outlets and partners around the state on behalf the newsroom, college or university. Assist with other duties as needed.
The College of Journalism and Communications embraces diversity as a shared responsibility among faculty, staff and students and strives for tangible expressions of this responsibility. We are committed to fostering a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for individuals of all races, genders, nationalities, religions, sexual orientations, identities and abilities to express their culture and perspectives through the art and science of journalism and communication.
Commensurate with experience
Master's degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 3-4 years of experience in broadcast reporting and/or editing production experience on a radio news desk or equivalent news operation
- Knowledge of editing software (i.e. Adobe Creative Cloud) and radio production techniques
- Solid news judgment and knowledge of journalistic principles, ethics and standards
- Strong writing, editing and radio story organization skills
- Ability to edit for and publish on a variety of platforms and mediums (radio, web, mobile, social media)
- Remote broadcasting experience
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Ability to multi-task and work under deadline pressures
- Experience working in a diverse news environment desired
- Bilingual skills a plus
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. May also work weekends or holidays as needed. Schedule is subject to change due to news or weather-related emergencies, university closings or staffing needs. On call for breaking news.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Broadcasting Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Digital Media Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge