Career Development Specialist
University Code 19214 University Title Senior Program Specialist 1 University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Career Development Specialist Position Number 590450 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Office Of Health Innovation Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Office of Health Innovation invites applications for an exciting opportunity as a Career Development Specialist. This candidate will work closely with new hires, departmental leadership, college pipeline programs, and workforce development intermediaries to reduce turnover rate for entry level employment while providing career guidance to staff members. The candidate will assist individuals in outlining career goals and mapping out educational pathways to achieve those goals, to include developing and leading educational activities and assisting in the design of workforce development curricula. The candidate will work closely with VCUHS Human Resources to outline educational assistance benefits that can support individuals’ goals and will support participants as they move through the various programs. Additionally, the candidate will assist in creating and maintaining a robust retention plan and will execute marketing campaigns and events to drive participation in community workforce programs. The successful incumbent must be eager to support others and must be able to discover others’ strengths and weaknesses and advise them accordingly. Having excellent communication skills partnered with critical thinking are prerequisites for this role.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bachelor’s degree and one to three years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated excellence and accuracy in communicating with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment, or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $40,000 - $43,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 hours Normal Work Days/Hours Monday through Friday Job Open Date 08/20/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100201 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond