Student Support Assistant, Adult Education Testing - PT Flex
Posting Number S01283 Position Title Student Support Assistant, Adult Education Testing - PT Flex Internal Position Title Student Support Assistant, Adult Education Testing - PT Flex Department Adult Education Testing Position Type Part-Time Flex Job Family Part-Time Flex Job Summary
The College of Lake County is looking for a Student Support Assistant, PT Flex, to join the team in the Adult Education Enrollment Services office. The Student Support Assistant will assist the Adult Education Enrollment Services office with intake, administering standardized placement and post tests, registration of students, guiding student orientations and tours, and entering data into various databases. This position provides enrollment services at all campuses and extension sites.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience working with non-native English speaking adults.
3. Customer service experience.
4. Proficient computer skills (typing, emailing, conducting web searches).
5. Ability to multitask.
6. Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
7. Bilingual (English/Spanish).
8. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Experience working with databases.
2. Comfortable with public speaking.
3. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Posting Date Closing Date Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary
- This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County.
- Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
Pay Rate $14.58/Hour Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Flex Location Grayslake Total Hours per week Up to 19 hours. Work Schedule
Monday – Thursday 4:45 pm – 9:30 pm
(some flexibility for evening hours; up to 19 hours per week)
Some Fridays and Saturdays may be required with advanced notice.
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
1. Enter data into DAISI, PeopleSoft, TopsPro, STARS, and DRC Insight.
2. Double check data entry in DAISI and PeopleSoft.
3. Assist in preparing testing reports.
4. Proctor state approved standardized tests.
5. Assist students during registration.
6. Assist students who drop-in/intake.
7. Provide over the phone customer service.
8. Working from other campuses and traveling between campuses is required.
9. Assist with orientation and campus tours.
10. Travel to other sites to provide enrollment services.
11. Perform other duties as assigned
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have experience working with non-native English
- * Do you have a valid driver’s license and clean driving
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- * Are you comfortable with public speaking?
- * Do you have experience with Microsoft Office Suite?
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake