ITS Customer Support Analyst II
Job Title ITS Customer Support Analyst II Posting Number S829P Classification Title
Maintains computer systems through systematic review, analysis, testing, and repair of software and hardware installations. Optimizes systems through customer consultation to identify ideal and impaired system states. Works under immediate supervision within a centralized IT support environment. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to perform job functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Manage on-campus computer labs and instructional equipment including hardware/software installation and support, troubleshooting, recommending new purchases, and optimization to best suit individual course needs.
2. Provide support for Microsoft Windows & Apple Mac OS X computers including imaging/deployment, software installation/patches/updates, training, and troubleshooting.
3. Aid in the creation and maintenance of CBU’s computer images.
4. Aid in the monitoring and resolution of Helpdesk support tickets to ensure all user requests are performed in a timely and efficient manner.
5. Provide limited support for mobile operating systems (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc.).
6. Investigates, analyzes and resolves complex hardware and computer application problems on University computer systems for faculty and staff.
7. Suggests systems and software tools to improve efficiency and automate routine functions.
8. Evaluates existing computer systems hardware, and performs system upgrades, based on end user configuration conflicts and errors.
9. Maintains a high standard of customer service in dealing with and responding to questions from faculty, staff and students.
10. Reviews, prioritizes and processes problem reports; documents the progress of projects.
11. Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art computer technology, equipment and systems; participates in professional development activities as appropriate.
12. Accept, monitor and process customer support requests submitted through the Information Technology Helpdesk (via telephone or e-mail).
13. Provides limited user training on approved software utilized by the University.
14. Manage and maintain data protection software.
15. Monitor University hardware and software assets by maintaining inventory database and conducting periodic audits
16. Assist with administrative duties, software/hardware support, workstation rollouts, and technical issues as needed.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to continually analyze, prioritize and complete assigned tasks within designated resource constraints in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to clearly communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
Strong knowledge of computer architecture and troubleshooting methods.
Experience with a wide range of computer systems software, applications, hardware, networking and communications.
Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and techniques.
Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
Ability to diagnose and rectify a wide range of computer hardware and software problems.
Ability to install and configure computer systems, hardware and peripherals.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or 3 to 5 years of experience in hardware/software and user support. Related certifications, such as Microsoft, A+, etc. are desirable.
Open Date 08/20/2020 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Title IX Coordinator Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5601 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside