Assistant Manager, Center for Student Success (F/T), MFRE13690SS
Works under the direction of the Manager, Student Services Support Center to assist in the management function of the Center for Student Success staff providing daily supervision, support, motivation and direction of the Student Services Specialists.
- Provides daily supervision, direction and training for Student Services Support staff to maximize service to students.
- Ensure that the Student services Specialists fully comply with regulations, standards and College policies, as well as fulfill the mission and vision of the department, meeting position success goals as they are set.
- Participate in the hiring, training and developing of employees.
- Assist the Manager of Student Services support in preparing and presenting employee reviews.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Student Services support when employee remediation action is when necessary.
- Demonstrate current, detailed, and accurate knowledge of college programs and accurately communicate procedures, policies and regulations to staff.
- Preparing caseload and productivity reports using College Software and Microsoft excel when requested by the Manager of Student Services Support.
- Collaborate effectively with the COD campus and College-wide programs in support of student success.
- Ensure a consistent standard of customer service.
- Troubleshooting student issues with success.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Manager of Student Services Support accurately and efficiently.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years in a supervisory position with proven leadership ability; two years of professional experience with direct student services in a case management format; critical thinker, organizational effectiveness, ability to work with details as well as understand the effects on the larger picture; established customer services orientation; good organizational and planning skills; must be self-motivated and possess the desire for self-development; have the ability to work autonomously when required; strong computer skills and knowledge of software systems including Microsoft excel. Must have the ability to collaborate, communicate and resolve conflict effectively; ability to develop effective working relationships with faculty, administration, staff and students from diverse backgrounds; ability to utilize data to assess practices and effectiveness of programs; knowledge of current and emergent practices in higher education, which facilitates student success; high-level interpersonal skills and professionalism; proficiency in written and spoken English.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
EXPERIENCE: Experience with data analytic software and Colleague/Ellucian and Starfish applications.
EDUCATION: Master's Degree
PC (Microsoft Office Suite; mainframe systems-; Internet; business report software); multifunction copier, multifunction phones.
Hours are variable as needed for meetings, supervision of/or attendance at events, duty and includes evenings and weekends, as well as overnight attendance at professional and student conferences. Meetings and programs may be held at sites other than the main campus.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Applications accepted until September 17th, 2020 5:00 PM CST.