Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs
Reporting to the Dean of the School of Nursing, the Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs (ADGP) will provide strategic direction, vision and leadership for all graduate programs within the School of Nursing. This individual is responsible for program academic and administrative leadership, program management, and program development in consultation with the Dean of the School of Nursing. The ADGP will provide oversight for faculty and students, curriculum development, program delivery, and program assessment. He/she will assure effective deployment of resources to accomplish the goals and objectives of the programs.
- Doctorate in nursing or related field and eligibility for Virginia licensure required;
- Minimum of five years of graduate-level teaching experience required;
- Academic leadership, program development and online education experience strongly preferred;
- Ability to effectively lead multi-disciplinary teams;
- The ability to be forward thinking and committed to preparing the next generation of advanced practice nurses, educators and administrators for excellence in practice;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Above-average skills related to organization, attention to detail and effective time-management;
- Fluent in English;
- Excellent computer skills, including database management.
- Provide administrative academic leadership and oversight for graduate degree programs;
- Serve as a member of the SON leadership team, and collaborate closely with the Dean related to program administration;
- Prepare reports for state and federal agencies as necessary;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public;
- Responsible for the orientation/mentoring of new faculty;
- Submit annual budget recommendations to the Dean;
- Submit annual faculty recommendations to the Dean;
- Carry out departmental functions and participate in professional meetings and events in the absence of the Dean;
- Conduct monthly faculty/staff meetings;
- Travel to off-campus sites as necessary;
- Oversee teaching/classroom schedules and faculty loading for each academic year;
- Provide general oversight for clinical experiences and schedules, in collaboration with the graduate program Clinical Coordinators;
- Provide general oversight for simulation experiences and schedules, in collaboration with the Simulation Coordinator;
- Responsible for direct oversight and evaluation of the
- MSN Clinical Coordinator
- MSN Preceptor Coordinators
- FNP Coordinator
- All graduate faculty (full-time, part-time and adjunct)
- Maintain current knowledge of general and advanced nursing practice at the MSN level;
- Counsel nursing faculty regarding their professional development and assist in the development of promotional plans;
- Conduct annual faculty evaluations;
- Conduct regular programmatic assessment including analysis of evaluation plan-related data;
- Make recommendations and implement changes as needed;
- Administer the admission, progression and graduation of all graduate nursing students, ensuring a quality academic experience;
- Teach up to 9 credit hours per year;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand; move from one area of the building to another on a regular basis;
sit and use a computer for a long period of time.
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper documents.
This is a 12 month full-time position with full benefits. Occasional night and/or weekend events required.
Submit Letter of Interest, Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), and 3 Professional References to: 420 West Main Street, Danville, VA 24541
Selection Committee, School of Nursing, Averett University, 420 West Main St., Danville, Virginia 24541
Email address: ADGradNursing@Averett.edu
- Background checks are required for all positions.
- An applicant must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.
- Averett University’s policies, programs and activities, including hiring practices, comply with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression and veteran status.
- Averett University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Assistant Dean for Graduate Programs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Danville
- Health & Medicine Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Danville
- Nursing Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Danville
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Danville
- Academic Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Danville