Job no: 499740
Work type: Restricted
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: School of Law, Technology
The School of Law Information Services team provides technology services and systems to the Caruso Law community with a focus on excellent customer service, standards-based solutions, all in a timely, effective, and professional manner. This position, as part of this team, provides expert, specialized support in teaching and learning solutions.
- Provide outstanding customer service as part of a team in the area of classroom (virtual and on-ground) support - proactive and just-in-time assistance for faculty and students for on-ground or online instruction.
- Provide outstanding faculty support with learning technologies (Courses by Sakai, Polling, automated assessment, electronic exams, plagiarism detection, lecture capture, distance learning, course design).
- Lead or assist with ongoing instructional tech projects; i.e. conversion of Scantron multiple-choice to an online solution with each question coded for learning outcomes, also coordination of faculty move from TWEN to Sakai.
- Provide outstanding faculty desktop support - proactive and just-in-time support that ensures equipment and related software is functional and providing the best possible solution for the faculty member.
- Design, schedule, and present workshops for faculty and students.
- Engages in professional development related activities through CALI and other related organizations that relate to learning technology and/or legal education.
- Maintain current awareness of trends in higher education and specifically legal education with an emphasis on innovative teaching and learning methodologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold the University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university. Master's degree in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology or similar from an accredited institution held or earned within three years of hire date required. Ability to work autonomously but also thrives as a key member of a team. Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to build rapport with both faculty and students. Excellent communicator both in writing and in person. Public speaking in a workshop/teaching environment. Expertise in learning management systems, online collaboration/instructional systems, online polling systems, online examination systems, video/image capture, video/image editing, web editing, blog systems, audio-visual presentation systems, A/V control systems, office software suite, online training platforms, and anti-plagiarism software.
Preferred: Experience teaching both online and on-ground classes. Experience working with online faculty as well as on-ground faculty. Experience in legal education. Demonstrated instructional design skills. Author of article in an area related to instructional technology, course design, etc. Presentations given in the area of instructional technology, instructional design, or related area. Excellent classroom presenter with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Extremely organized and efficient. Graphic design skills and web design skills are very helpful. Specific experience in legal education is a big plus. Experience with following specific software is desirable: ExamSoft, Panopto, Zoom, iClicker, OmniUpdate, WordPress, Adobe CS, Crestron control, Turnitin, WordPerfect, MS Office, CALI, LinkedInLearning, and Google Suite.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening.
This is a Restricted, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Pepperdine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment practices on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, or prior military service. Federal guidelines recognize the right of church-related institutions to seek personnel who will support the goals of the institution, including the right to select members of the church to which the institution is related.